Texas Fishing Forum

Wow! An Ultralight Casting Demonstration

Posted By: Brad R

Wow! An Ultralight Casting Demonstration - 03/28/17 06:03 PM

This from finesse-fishing.com. It is a video showing off Daiwa rods.

Wow! This guy is an absolute artist with spinning tackle!

Worth a watch! Simply go to the page and scroll down and it will play inside the page.

Brad

An artist a work!

Re: Wow! An Ultralight Casting Demonstration - 03/28/17 09:17 PM

I found the URL to the actual source of these videos.

Here is another and this angler is giving a demonstration of different techniques casting ultralights.

Yep! In Japanese . . . but the language of fishing is universal so it isn't hard to make out his tutorial.

Very cool!

Brad

Another Japanese video on fishing ultralight gear
Posted By: psalty

Re: Wow! An Ultralight Casting Demonstration - 03/28/17 10:45 PM

Domo arigato Brad-son clap

Re: Wow! An Ultralight Casting Demonstration - 03/29/17 01:10 AM

You are welcome, psalty-son!

Isn't that some really fine casting technique!

I particularly like the one shot where the camera is behind him and it shows him side casting upstream in sort of a tunneled area with not much leeeway.

Some of his shots to edges of banks, under brush appear to be in the range of +/- one inch accuracy. Whew!

Makes me want to get out and practice; better yet, fish.

Brad-son
Posted By: ckcrew

Re: Wow! An Ultralight Casting Demonstration - 03/29/17 02:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Brad R
I found the URL to the actual source of these videos.

Here is another and this angler is giving a demonstration of different techniques casting ultralights.

Yep! In Japanese . . . but the language of fishing is universal so it isn't hard to make out his tutorial.

Very cool!

Brad

Another Japanese video on fishing ultralight gear

I have no idea what he was saying but it was very entertaining to watch. Watched the whole 40+ minute clip. Beautiful body of water.
Posted By: Wildman of the navidad

Re: Wow! An Ultralight Casting Demonstration - 03/29/17 03:14 AM

That was a really nice video that fella is a machine the flip cast was really interesting to watch he caught some really beautiful fish thanks for posting popcorn2 I wonder how many hooks and lures I'll loose tomorrow tryn to get that flip cast down

Re: Wow! An Ultralight Casting Demonstration - 03/29/17 11:55 AM

Nor do I . . . not a single word!

I just sort of sat back and enjoyed it all . . . including the scenery.

That form of casting is more "artsy" or "athletic" to me, or as much so, as watching a master with a fly rod.

The only thing comparable to this that I have found are some videos of casting champion Johnny Dieckman from 1956. Note in the slo-mo at points in the old vintage video how flexible the rods were. Fiberglass!

Brad

Johnny Dieckman 1956 Demonstration

Re: Wow! An Ultralight Casting Demonstration - 03/29/17 12:19 PM

Note at just before 3:00 minutes in the Dieckman video that what they are calling an "under-hand flip" is the rod held out more or less parallel to the water, then a bit of hand and wrist action thrust downward to flex and load the rod, then the release of the finger as the rod unloads.

There is no added assistance by the hand and wrist at this point, very little anyway, where the rod does all the work. The rod returns to parallel on its own. So, parallel, down, parallel. Cool!

Dieckman, by the way, was a world champion and world record holder across many events. He died in a plane crash in 1962, age 35.

Brad

Dieckman article
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Wow! An Ultralight Casting Demonstration - 04/01/17 01:58 PM

Good stuff.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum