Texas Fishing Forum

Bobber fishing!

Posted By: jagg

Bobber fishing! - 01/08/17 09:04 AM

There are some cardinal rules to fishing with bobbers (or floats or strike indicators if you prefer). When to use a fixed float and when to use a slip float, etc.. But, as individuals, we anglers tend to use what we are most comfortable with when we can and use the less comfortable option when we have to. So the question is:
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Bobber fishing! - 01/08/17 10:39 AM

I use both however I use the fixed more when fishing with a float. 90 percent of the time I usually fish without a float. Depends on the condition of the bottom. thumb
Posted By: Smithaven

Re: Bobber fishing! - 01/08/17 12:30 PM

I use a slip bobber most of the time when fishing for Sunfish, although there are exceptions. The most common is when the water is too rough to get an accurate reading on the bite. The other is when the honey hole is too far away to see the bobber well, or other low visibility conditions. I usually set the slip bobber to position the bait less than a foot from the bottom.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Bobber fishing! - 01/08/17 03:27 PM

I am fishing more with my flyrod for the sunfish. I also fish more with my spinning gear. When I do use a bobber which is rare,it is a slip bobber.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Bobber fishing! - 01/08/17 04:15 PM

Slip bobber.
Posted By: SGT BALLARD

Re: Bobber fishing! - 01/08/17 11:31 PM

Both 2cents
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum