Texas Fishing Forum

Trout success story

Posted By: Creekflyfisher54

Trout success story - 11/20/16 03:16 AM

One fine December day bout me to Bandera city park with ultralight in hand and Panther Martin tied up.( Still influenced by the " you only use bait unless your starving boy" mindset). So, long story made longer I wasn't catching anything, not even any strikes. Meanwhile a man next to me was pulling them in right after another.I suppose he saw me casting away, and pulled a little canister out of his box. He said " use these you'll get your limit". What I saw were the littlest treble hooks I have seen. Size 16 to be exact,and rigged with powerboat on a Carolina rig WILL get your limit. Today I swear by them and will NEVER go back to anything, they are worth their weight in gold.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Trout success story - 11/20/16 10:10 AM

Very good advice. I use size 12 Eagle Claw hooks. I use everything from the power baits to the small artificial trout worms. I also use the Super Duper lures gold in color. All have given me fantastic results. hooked
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Trout success story - 11/21/16 01:31 PM

Usually use the power baits especially the cheese color. This year I am mainly going to fish with the fly rod.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Trout success story - 11/24/16 01:38 PM

First area stockings take place tomorrow. Guadalupe River is next week! Love those off season Trout postings.
Posted By: 1960texan

Re: Trout success story - 11/25/16 09:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Laker One
This year I am mainly going to fish with the fly rod.

I plan on using the fly rod quite a bit myself, just waiting on Santa grin

Last year I was nailing them on small black Roostertails, but as soon as there was a hatch of any kind the bite would shut off for me, and I'd watch the fly fishermen pull them out of the river left and right.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum