Texas Fishing Forum

The big Fall feed is in full swing

Posted By: Kent Meadows aka Team Hooligan

The big Fall feed is in full swing - 11/14/16 05:02 PM

Yesterday Ash and I loaded up the boat for a few hours on Lake Travis. We began fishing in some spots we had only passed by...needless to say you could have caught fish anywhere on the lake yesterday. Seldom have I seen the fish so utterly aggressive. All sizes makes and models were present EXCEPT RIOS! I guess the rio's really never stood a chance for any bait to even get to them. At one point the boat was sitting in 30' and I looked down and could see 100's of Bluegills just hanging out suspended. Ashley even fished with her old cane pole and to my surprise caught many of the larger fish up to 9" way offshore with a cane pole and cork rig. Of all the days to not bring the fly rod...I could say we caught 75 fish and that would be very conservative count. At one point we had 3 fish on at the same time. Not that it matters but ash used night crawlers and I used the Berkley Trout worms in natural color, but you could have caught them just of positive thoughts im sure. At one point a bass even jumped out of the water and attempted to bite ash's rig hanging over the side of the boat, thankfully she didn't loose a rod...

Ash with a double 1 Long Ear other Bluegill

Posted By: Aquatic Ash

Re: The big Fall feed is in full swing - 11/14/16 06:50 PM

I LOVE my cane pole! Something is so magestic about low tech methods.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: The big Fall feed is in full swing - 11/14/16 08:55 PM

Awesome post and some nice fish. Good job Kent and Ashley! thumb
Posted By: PaPa@fork

Re: The big Fall feed is in full swing - 11/15/16 06:29 AM

thumb

Re: The big Fall feed is in full swing - 11/15/16 10:18 PM

Say Kent! Are you and Ashley catching any Redear on Travis? That lake should hold some good ones!
hmmm
Posted By: Kent Meadows aka Team Hooligan

Re: The big Fall feed is in full swing - 11/17/16 05:33 AM

Chuck, sadly we have NOT seen 1 yet. I must confess im baffled you would think that rocky lake would be a great spot.

Re: The big Fall feed is in full swing - 11/17/16 11:31 AM

Originally Posted By: Kent Meadows aka Team Hooligan
Chuck, sadly we have NOT seen 1 yet. I must confess im baffled you would think that rocky lake would be a great spot.

I figure they are there "Some Where"! noidea Been catching a bunch of 8" to 9" Redear on Dunlap. They appear to be fat and healthy. I sure hope this a sign that some trophy fish are on the horizon. Been getting good numbers of the 8"and 9" Redear on all three river lakes. Dunlap,Mcqueeney,and Placid. thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: The big Fall feed is in full swing - 11/17/16 12:23 PM

Nice post and good information. Thanks for posting.

Side Note: Great seeing that lake making a come back! Hopefully the lake management learned a lessons over the past years!
Posted By: Laker One

Re: The big Fall feed is in full swing - 11/21/16 01:36 PM

Nice post and fish! woot
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum