Texas Fishing Forum

Trout

Posted By: Creekflyfisher54

Trout - 11/03/16 03:26 PM

Trout season is coming up , and I was wondering what rigs work for you guys.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Trout - 11/03/16 04:29 PM

Yes Sir,I cannot wait. Love catching em on the ultra light. As for rigs I use a ultra light Shakespeare rod with six pound test line. I use a small size 10 hook (Eagle Claw) and a size five shot. When using bait I use the cheese colored Trout Bait by Berkley. I also use the orange colored Trout Worms by Berkley along with the regular colored Trout Worms. When fishing with lures I use a gold Super Duper! Great results on all the above. hooked Trout season fills in the void here in the Bluegill/Sunfish section. Love reading and seeing those Trout post. thumb

Side Note: Parks&Wildlife will be coming out with 2016-2017 Trout stocking schedule the mid part of this month. It will be posted on their web site. partyon
Posted By: Smithaven

Re: Trout - 11/03/16 04:41 PM

For years I fished with a man named Terry, who taught me a very effective way to catch stocked trout. Unfortunately Terry passed on, but I still use his rig.

I wrote a page describing the Terry method and posted it here.
Posted By: Siberman

Re: Trout - 11/03/16 05:26 PM

Small inline spinners ( you can buy a six-pack at Walmart for under $10) .

I'm not sure of the brand name but it's a "maize" powerbait or crappie nibble (even canned corn ) on a small hook with a split-shot about 18" above the hook . Red wrigglers under a cork will work.....sometimes .

If they're hungry enough it won't matter . I caught an 8" on 20 lb. test baited with a large frozen shrimp . grin
Posted By: butch sanders

Re: Trout - 11/03/16 07:32 PM

Originally Posted By: Smithaven
For years I fished with a man named Terry, who taught me a very effective way to catch stocked trout. Unfortunately Terry passed on, but I still use his rig.

I wrote a page describing the Terry method and posted it here.

why a treble hook?
Posted By: Smithaven

Re: Trout - 11/03/16 07:44 PM

A treble hook holds the power bait much better than a single hook.
Posted By: Creekflyfisher54

Re: Trout - 11/04/16 03:21 AM

Thanks for the replies I usually use everything y'all said , but you gotta have at least one expensive Panther Martin in there. fish
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Trout - 11/04/16 11:23 AM

Will not belong until the trout post will arrive. Very good eating fish!
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Trout - 11/11/16 01:35 PM

Trout season is right around the corner! woot Getting my tackle organized. hooked
Posted By: fiSherwood

Re: Trout - 11/11/16 01:49 PM

Ugh. The hatchery trout I've caught and eaten have tested muddy, not trouty at all... sick
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum