Texas Fishing Forum

BOOYAH!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

BOOYAH! - 10/31/16 11:40 AM

Caught this HOG while fishing with my buddy Louis on the Nueces River! Fish was 10.50" and fat. Did not have a scale but took the length measurement and released the fish. Paper work sent into Parks&Wildlife for the Nueces River Catch&Release Redear record! Catching a HOG out of the Nueces River. It just don't get any better! fish

Posted By: Jamaica

Re: BOOYAH! - 10/31/16 12:31 PM

DAM!!!! bouncy
Posted By: Hunter498

Re: BOOYAH! - 10/31/16 01:27 PM

That is a TOAD!!!

Re: BOOYAH! - 10/31/16 02:18 PM

Thanks Allen and Jamaica for the replies. Love those Great South West rivers. thumb
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: BOOYAH! - 10/31/16 03:29 PM

WTG Banker A F!!! That is a MONSTAH thumb thumb
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: BOOYAH! - 10/31/16 05:10 PM

If bream got as big as Bass, there wouldn't be a bass trail,..!!! clap

Re: BOOYAH! - 10/31/16 05:11 PM

Thanks Fishbonz for the reply! cheers That Redear fight is hard to beat! boxing
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: BOOYAH! - 10/31/16 07:46 PM

Awesome Trophy thumb

Re: BOOYAH! - 10/31/16 08:03 PM

Originally Posted By: JIM SR.
If bream got as big as Bass, there wouldn't be a bass trail,..!!! clap

Thanks Jamie and Jim SR. for the replies. cheers Jim SR. Yes Sir there would be a lot of "Bream Trails" if they got as big as bass for sure! thumb
Posted By: MrWhite87

Re: BOOYAH! - 10/31/16 08:51 PM

hOT DOG, HOT DOG, HOT DIGGITY DOG!
Posted By: JEFF BAGWELL

Re: BOOYAH! - 10/31/16 10:21 PM

Very nice indeed!!
Posted By: Kent Meadows aka Team Hooligan

Re: BOOYAH! - 11/01/16 03:55 PM

very nice Redear! Glad to see a fish over 10"s
Posted By: gar1970

Re: BOOYAH! - 11/01/16 06:27 PM

Congrats chuck, thats a great redear!

Re: BOOYAH! - 11/04/16 09:41 AM

Thanks MrWhite87,Jeff Bagwell,Kent,and Leo for the replies! thumb That Nueces Canyon is one very beautiful place to fish and simply relax. Love that great Southwest. texas
Posted By: Laker One

Re: BOOYAH! - 11/11/16 01:51 PM

Nice Fish Chuck. Congratulations on yet another RECORD FISH! woot Have you figured out the patterns of the bigger fish in that part of Texas? Also I have only caught two trophy Redear this year. The year before that only one. Three years ago I was catching trophy Redear just about every week. What is your take? hmmm

Re: BOOYAH! - 11/17/16 03:55 AM

Thanks Curtis for the reply! cheers Trophy Redear have been few and far between these past couple of years. I think the past flooding played a huge part in relocating a lot of river lake fish. Also the washing away of brush piles and other fixtures where fish have established themselves played a part. I feel the Trophy Redear will make a nice comeback based on the 9" fish I have been catching. Been getting good numbers of 8 to 9" Redear that appear to be healthy and fat. Once the lakes and rivers settle down so will the fishing patterns. Just my two cents. 2cents

Side Note: The bigger fish on the Nueces,Frio,West Nueces,and Sabinal seem to stay close to the deeper pockets of water throughout the year. They also during the Spring and summer months love the weed beds and over hanging tree limbs. thumb
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: BOOYAH! - 11/18/16 07:04 PM

MANNN THATS A NICE REDEAR...WOO WEE thumb thumb

Re: BOOYAH! - 11/24/16 03:06 AM

Thanks A.J. for the reply! thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: BOOYAH! - 11/29/16 01:56 PM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Thanks Curtis for the reply! cheers Trophy Redear have been few and far between these past couple of years. I think the past flooding played a huge part in relocating a lot of river lake fish. Also the washing away of brush piles and other fixtures where fish have established themselves played a part. I feel the Trophy Redear will make a nice comeback based on the 9" fish I have been catching. Been getting good numbers of 8 to 9" Redear that appear to be healthy and fat. Once the lakes and rivers settle down so will the fishing patterns. Just my two cents. 2cents

Side Note: The bigger fish on the Nueces,Frio,West Nueces,and Sabinal seem to stay close to the deeper pockets of water throughout the year. They also during the Spring and summer months love the weed beds and over hanging tree limbs. thumb

Thanks Chuck! Hopefully the Big Redear will make a huge comeback this upcoming year! woot
Posted By: Spooley

Re: BOOYAH! - 12/04/16 12:54 AM

That's a biggun for sure.
Posted By: jagg

Re: BOOYAH! - 12/04/16 02:04 AM

Originally Posted By: Kent Meadows aka Team Hooligan
very nice Redear! Glad to see a fish over 10"s

That's what I was thinking also. Congrats, Chuck!

Re: BOOYAH! - 12/08/16 11:10 AM

Thanks Jagg for the reply! cheers Those 10" plus Redear have been hard to find the last two years! hide2 Hopefully more will be found this upcoming year. thumb
Posted By: UGLYSHCTICK

Re: BOOYAH! - 12/08/16 08:50 PM

thumb
Posted By: progolferv1

Re: BOOYAH! - 12/11/16 03:37 PM

congrats

Re: BOOYAH! - 12/16/16 11:09 AM

Thanks UglyShctick and progolferv1 for the replies. cheers Love those BIG Redear! hooked
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: BOOYAH! - 12/26/16 02:40 AM

Nice fish. Congratulations on yet another record fish.

Side Note: How was the fall Redear bite. Also your take on the winter Redear bite?

Re: BOOYAH! - 12/30/16 10:50 AM

Thanks Gitter for the reply! cheers The fall Redear bite came and went. peep Caught some 8 to 9 inch Redear but only one 10 plus! bang The way the last two years went I do not put much faith in the winter bite! hmmm I will be looking for them! hide2
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: BOOYAH! - 01/02/17 01:08 AM

Thanks Gitter for the reply! cheers The fall Redear bite came and went. peep Caught some 8 to 9 inch Redear but only one 10 plus! bang The way the last two years went I do not put much faith in the winter bite! hmmm I will be looking for them! hide2

Yes Sir what a difference a couple of years make!

Re: BOOYAH! - 01/08/17 10:36 AM

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done

Yes Sir what a difference a couple of years make!

Yep! nuts
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum