Texas Fishing Forum

Cibolo Creek at Crescent Bend

Posted By: 1960texan

Cibolo Creek at Crescent Bend - 10/19/16 10:09 PM

I was playing around on Google Earth this morning and decided that I needed to go fishing. I've never fished Cibolo Creek before, and don't know where all the access points are, so after a little searching I rolled the dice and gave Crescent Bend Nature Park a shot.

Caught this guy on a blue Roostertail, on the third or fourth cast, then caught his much smaller little brother a few minutes later. Nothing after that. As it was mid-day I really didn't expect to catch anything, I just wanted to satisfy my curiosity about this little stretch of the creek.

Fished for about three hours, from 12:30 to 3:30 pm and then called it a day.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Cibolo Creek at Crescent Bend - 10/19/16 10:16 PM

Next time you are down in my neck of the woods give me shout! scared Been fishing the Crescent Bend area a lot these past couple of weeks and have been nailing em. Friends of mine who came down from both Brenham and Huntsville caught some record fish on their flyrods. Bite was good and we fished during afternoon and morning hours. thumb

Side Note: Nice Gill and report! Fished Fayette yesterday and it was super slow. Three of us fished 6 hours and only caught 9 fish. taz Still had a good time! coolio
Posted By: 1960texan

Re: Cibolo Creek at Crescent Bend - 10/19/16 10:23 PM

Thanks for the kind invitation Banker, I will definitely take you up on it!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Cibolo Creek at Crescent Bend - 10/20/16 12:44 AM

Originally Posted By: 1960texan
Thanks for the kind invitation Banker, I will definitely take you up on it!

Cold front coming in tomorrow night. Weekend and next week should be pretty good. hmmm Fished Dunlap a couple of days ago and it was slow. nuts Seems that the creeks are the place to fish. coolio Hopefully this upcoming front will get those Dunlap sunnies active. partyon
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Cibolo Creek at Crescent Bend - 10/28/16 03:03 PM

Nice report 1960 Texan. Great place to fish! woot
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Cibolo Creek at Crescent Bend - 11/02/16 12:28 PM

Nice fish and report! I do not think I have ever seen a bad report from the Crescent Bend area of the Cibolo. Great fishery for sure. Hope it stays that way.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum