Texas Fishing Forum

Fall Time Variety!(Fish Are Active).

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Fall Time Variety!(Fish Are Active). - 10/13/16 08:07 PM

Rivers,lakes,creeks,and ponds. The sunnies are active in just about all the water bodies. Sunfish and Rios are in their fall feeding mode and the bite is aggressive. Been getting good numbers and nice size Redbreast,Bluegill,Longear,Greens,Rios, and Large Mouth Bass. Been having goods days just about every time out. Fish are biting good between 7:30am and 1pm. The late afternoon to evening bite between 3pm till dark the bite is good as well. The sunnies are staying close to overhanging tree limbs,brush piles in 8 to 12 feet of water,docks,and bridge pillars. While fishing the creeks I have noticed the sunnies are staging by brush piles and over hanging tree limbs close to the banks. The Rios are hanging close to the bank by brush piles and gravel/sand beds in shallow water 4 to 8 feet. Been catching em on live worms and Gulp Alive Night Crawlers. Both float and bottom techniques are being used. Flip a worm by any spot that looks good and you can nail a nice one! Fall fishing for sunnies. It just don't get any better! fish

Posted By: Hunter498

Re: Fall Time Variety!(Fish Are Active). - 10/13/16 10:38 PM

Nice pics and again, great fish!!

Re: Fall Time Variety!(Fish Are Active). - 10/14/16 10:54 AM

Thanks Hunter498 for the reply! cheers So far the fall bite has been GREAT! thumb
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Fall Time Variety!(Fish Are Active). - 10/14/16 06:04 PM

I sure wish my local creeks produced this quality and quantity of fish. I'm always jealous. Great post and pics.

Re: Fall Time Variety!(Fish Are Active). - 10/16/16 09:31 AM

Thanks Jamie for the reply! Yes Sir been catching some nice quality fish this year. thumb
Posted By: PaPa@fork

Re: Fall Time Variety!(Fish Are Active). - 10/17/16 08:56 AM

Thanks for the info, I'm going to get out next weekend and try , I love this time of year.

Re: Fall Time Variety!(Fish Are Active). - 10/22/16 09:19 AM

Originally Posted By: PaPa@fork
Thanks for the info, I'm going to get out next weekend and try , I love this time of year.

Thanks for the reply PaPa@fork. cheers These latest fronts will really have the fish active this upcoming week! partyon Fall feeding is on. hooked
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Fall Time Variety!(Fish Are Active). - 10/28/16 03:19 PM

Nice fish and report Chuck. Love this time of year! Getting good quality fish off of the home lake docks. Nice Bluegill in 10 to 12 feet of water! Did you get a chance and fished Dunlap recently? If so how was the bite?

Re: Fall Time Variety!(Fish Are Active). - 11/01/16 01:20 PM

Thanks Curtis for the reply. cheers This fall bite has been AWESOME! hooked As for fishing Dunlap I have fished it twice within the past week and did OK. Had one of my better days on Dunlap yesterday. Caught a bunch of nice Bluegill holding on the bottom by docks in 10 to 12 feet of water. thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Fall Time Variety!(Fish Are Active). - 11/04/16 12:39 PM

Thanks Chuck. The bite on Mcqueeney has picked up some. Gonna try the east end for some Crappie this weekend if we don't get washed out. Looks like we might get some heavy showers.

Re: Fall Time Variety!(Fish Are Active). - 11/10/16 11:11 AM

Good luck Curtis! I think the winter Crappie bite is going to be a good one. hooked
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Fall Time Variety!(Fish Are Active). - 11/19/16 03:15 AM

Nice fish Chuck. After this latest front you may want to change the title of your post to Winter Time Variety! Do you think these strong fronts will have a major effect on the bite?

Re: Fall Time Variety!(Fish Are Active). - 11/25/16 11:39 AM

Thanks Gitter for the reply. cheers These last two fronts have sent the fish to deeper water on the lakes. hmmm Creeks are still active. hooked Still getting good numbers of fish. thumb Getting yet another front in this morning. Hope we get some rain out of this one. breakdance
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Fall Time Variety!(Fish Are Active). - 11/29/16 04:22 PM

Thanks Chuck. Going to get colder this upcoming weekend! Will not be long until the winter patterns will be setting in on the sunnies!

Re: Fall Time Variety!(Fish Are Active). - 12/03/16 10:13 AM

Pouring down RAIN right now Gitter! Also cold! Forecasters are saying 2 to 4" of rain over the next three days. We can use it. thumb Also looks like we are going to get our first Arctic front late next week. nuts
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum