Texas Fishing Forum

How Do you Fish Cold Fronts?

Posted By: Laker One

How Do you Fish Cold Fronts? - 10/04/16 03:39 AM

I have been fishing for sunfish for about four years now and I am just starting to get pretty good at fishing on days before and after a front arrives. How many days before and after a front arrives is the best bite based on your experience? Also what time of day based on your experience is the best bite during the fall months. Morning,Afternoon,or evening? hmmm
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: How Do you Fish Cold Fronts? - 10/04/16 10:16 AM

I fish a couple of days before the fronts and the day right before the front. I also fish two and three days after the fronts. I do pretty good during both periods. thumb

Side Note: The strength of the cold front also plays a BIG factor! Also after the first major cold front the Rio bite for the most part is over! eeks
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: How Do you Fish Cold Fronts? - 10/16/16 01:59 AM

I usually fish anywhere from 2 to 3 days ahead of a front and three to four days after a front! Do better after the front has blown through.
Posted By: PaPa@fork

Re: How Do you Fish Cold Fronts? - 10/18/16 10:48 AM

I have had a good time a day or two before the front and I don't try again for at least two days after it has been over, when the wind turns back out of the south it's time to go.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum