Texas Fishing Forum

Two Records on an Awesome River!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Two Records on an Awesome River! - 08/26/16 11:40 PM

Been fishing a lot in the Great Southwest especially on the Nueces River! With the good rains that have fallen over the past two years the water bodies are in pretty good shape with very nice currents and active fish. Was able to put two new records on the books for the Nueces River. A Redbreast and Redear are the first in their category for the Nueces. The certificate arrived the other day for the Redbreast which was caught on August 9,2016. The fish was 9" in length with a certified weight of .57 Lbs. The fish was caught by a grass bed in 5 feet of water using a Gulp Alive Night Crawler. The Redear was caught on August 23,2016. The fish was 9" in length and weighed .55 Lbs. The fish was hanging by a shallow weed bed in about 3 feet of water. The fish was caught on live worms.The Redbreast was released but the Redear was not. It had swallowed the hook. Paper work was just mailed into The Texas Parks&Wildlife for the certification for the Redear. Every water body I am fishing in the Southwest,Hill Country,South Central area,and inner city areas are in great shape. This latest rain fall really has the fish turned on. Catching some super fish in the Great Southwest. It just don't get any better! fish

Posted By: BCasper

Re: Two Records on an Awesome River! - 08/27/16 01:28 AM

You're going to need a file cabinet for all those records. Congrats! cheers
Posted By: Spooley

Re: Two Records on an Awesome River! - 08/27/16 03:46 AM

That redbreast got some long ears.

Re: Two Records on an Awesome River! - 08/27/16 09:31 AM

Thanks BCasper and Spooley for the replies. cheers Every now and then I love chasing a record or two! thumb
Posted By: Bob9

Re: Two Records on an Awesome River! - 08/27/16 02:38 PM

Congrats on the records, Chuck. Nice fish!

Bob
bannana2 bannana2 bannana2

Re: Two Records on an Awesome River! - 08/27/16 03:54 PM

Thanks Bob for the reply. cheers Love that river fishing. thumb
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Two Records on an Awesome River! - 08/27/16 06:08 PM

I'd put money on Chuck having the most records of anybody on this forum.
Posted By: WCGunns

Re: Two Records on an Awesome River! - 08/28/16 02:16 AM

How many records is it now Chuck?

Re: Two Records on an Awesome River! - 08/28/16 09:27 AM

Thanks Andrew and WCGunns for the replies! I think I have noidea Records! Not to many people go after sunfish records but I kind of like too!
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Two Records on an Awesome River! - 08/29/16 11:29 AM

Nice ones Chuck and congratulations on two more records. I lost count of your records a long time ago. Hopefully we can hook up and hit some of your spots for some fly records. Bring your scale!
Posted By: Roofish

Re: Two Records on an Awesome River! - 08/30/16 05:08 AM

UR unbelievable Banker I was certain ur records couldn't be broken or surpassed but u keep setting more records

Re: Two Records on an Awesome River! - 09/03/16 09:21 AM

Thanks Curtis and Roofish for the replies. cheers Curtis: Fly Rod records are wide open on a lot of water bodies! It is just a matter of catching and filing the application! thumb
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Two Records on an Awesome River! - 09/03/16 01:30 PM

WOW!!!CONGRATS on two GREAT catches! ..... and if I`ve said it once I`ve said it more than twice..."that banker-always catchin" WTG Chuck thumb think I`ll raise a glass cheers

Re: Two Records on an Awesome River! - 09/10/16 09:20 AM

Thanks Fishbonz for the reply! cheers That is one very beautiful area to relax and fish in! thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Two Records on an Awesome River! - 09/13/16 05:08 PM

How many records does this make? Saw the TPW Web site and saw where your two records have been posted? Nice fish and congratulations on yet two more records. Good job.

Side Note: How often do you catch a record fish?

Re: Two Records on an Awesome River! - 09/22/16 10:46 PM

Thanks Gitter for the reply! Lost the record count after five! noidea Half pound sunfish are not all that easy to catch. When you find good water and big fish are present you can catch a load of them. As for catching a record fish maybe two or three a month. hmmm
Posted By: dafanman

Re: Two Records on an Awesome River! - 09/22/16 11:00 PM

I have eye witnessed first hand this collection of records, question is.........how many of ya'll can we count on to help when Banker has to move because he has no more room grin

Congrats Chuck on keeping on keeping on cheers

Re: Two Records on an Awesome River! - 09/26/16 09:51 AM

Thanks Robert for the reply! cheers Now that your back is better we need to hit the fishing trail! hooked

Side Note: If my memory serves me correct,you have a few records yourself! thumb
Posted By: SheldonMOAC

Re: Two Records on an Awesome River! - 09/27/16 04:08 AM

thumb

Re: Two Records on an Awesome River! - 09/28/16 09:25 AM

Thanks SheldonMOAC for the reply! cheers
Posted By: Catfish-hunter

Re: Two Records on an Awesome River! - 09/28/16 07:52 PM

137 records back mid 2012,so I'm going with 200+ by now,and nice job buddy thumb
Posted By: Slabndeep

Re: Two Records on an Awesome River! - 09/28/16 09:41 PM

Great job! I like how you do it Banker!

Re: Two Records on an Awesome River! - 09/29/16 10:20 AM

Thanks CH and Slabndeep for the replies! cheers A lot of the water bodies I fish have never had a posted record for Sunfish. If I get one that is a half pound or better and the scale is available "It is weighing time"! bouncy I release just about 95 percent of my record fish. clap The only exception is when the fish is gut hooked and is not going to survive. Then it is put under ice. eeks
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Two Records on an Awesome River! - 09/29/16 06:24 PM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Thanks Curtis and Roofish for the replies. cheers Curtis: Fly Rod records are wide open on a lot of water bodies! It is just a matter of catching and filing the application! thumb

Yea I know! Catching em is one thing. Holding them for weighing is another! Like you if I can't keep them alive I just soon through them back! Could get a certified scale! hmmm

Re: Two Records on an Awesome River! - 10/03/16 10:13 AM

Getting a personal certified scale would be a good thing! thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Two Records on an Awesome River! - 10/16/16 01:39 AM

Thanks Gitter for the reply! Lost the record count after five! noidea Half pound sunfish are not all that easy to catch. When you find good water and big fish are present you can catch a load of them. As for catching a record fish maybe two or three a month. hmmm

All I know it's a bunch!

Re: Two Records on an Awesome River! - 10/20/16 10:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done

All I know it's a bunch!

noidea
Posted By: TuN3R

Re: Two Records on an Awesome River! - 10/20/16 05:32 PM

Congratulation brother you are still at it making and breaking the records smile
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Two Records on an Awesome River! - 10/22/16 03:13 AM

thumb

Re: Two Records on an Awesome River! - 10/29/16 09:36 AM

Thanks TuN3R and Fooshman for the replies. Been catching some nice ones this year. thumb
Posted By: fray

Re: Two Records on an Awesome River! - 10/29/16 01:43 PM

Congrats

Re: Two Records on an Awesome River! - 11/04/16 09:36 AM

Thanks fray for the reply! cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum