Texas Fishing Forum

creek fishing is awsome

Posted By: jeffnsa

creek fishing is awsome - 08/02/16 02:52 PM

I went and shredded the creek property this weekend and stopped for 20 minutes to drop a line. caught about 15 fish and the last 6-7 fish were caught in under 5 minutes. There were a couple groups of fry swimming on top of the water and larger fish were smashing them on the top. small gills and bass could be seen in shallow water. We are trying to sell the creek property and use the money to build me a pond at the house so I can fish more and be close to home. The neighbor across the street from me has access to the san Antonio river for catfish stocking when the pond is finally built.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: creek fishing is awsome - 08/02/16 03:27 PM

Nice report Jeff! cheers Was thinking about your creek property the other day. hmmm Glad you are still fishing it! hooked

Re: creek fishing is awsome - 08/03/16 02:01 PM

Thanks chuck. I have not been able to get out there much but when I do it is very productive during the summer months, You should stop by there sometime. I was able to work on the pond at the house last night and hopefully an hour or so from now on. It will sit next to a giant old oak, be around 10ft or more deep, and a half acre in size maybe bigger, it depends if I find clay to line it with or not. Once it is done and filled you have an invite to come fish it. may be a few months down the road

Re: creek fishing is awsome - 08/03/16 05:36 PM

Thanks Jeff would love to meet you! I have not fished your place on the Cibolo this year but have fished other spots on the creek. Been getting good results each time I have fished the Cibolo this year. Creek is looking pretty good. thumb

Side Note: You may want to get in touch with Parks&Wildlife. I have heard that they can assist in making a pond. Do not know anything about the program but it would be worth a call to them. hmmm

Re: creek fishing is awsome - 08/04/16 01:52 PM

If you go to the dam on my property there is no need to cast, just drop line straight down on the deep side, wait a second or two, remove hook from fishes mouth. I caught so many within a five minute period that it almost wasn't fun anymore. readjusting the worm on the hook is what was taking the longest time. I was also catching all sizes as they were chasing the fry that was swimming in top of the water.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: creek fishing is awsome - 08/04/16 03:18 PM

Love these Cibolo Creek threads!
Posted By: Laker One

Re: creek fishing is awsome - 08/10/16 09:40 PM

I have only fished the Cibolo once this year. Need to make a trip there soon!
Posted By: USMC_Guy

Re: creek fishing is awsome - 08/10/16 11:26 PM

Nice to hear that spot is doing good. Didn't get a chance to fish it after the flooding but sounds like it's still kicking.

Re: creek fishing is awsome - 08/12/16 04:35 AM

Fished your property on the Cibolo the other day and did pretty good. Caught a few nice fat Bluegill in the 8 inch range. Met John,who was fishing for Carp. He stated that you were a good guy and he appreciates you letting anglers fish your property. John has caught his share of SUPER FISH on that creek. He showed me the pictures. Oh yea he even caught a five pound Carp while talking to me. The creek is in pretty good shape for this time of year! Any way hope to meet you one of these days. thumb

Re: creek fishing is awsome - 08/12/16 02:33 PM

John is an excellent man to meet while fishing. He will tell you where the fish are and what they bite on. He told me he has been fishing that spot since he was a kid and he pick up trash. If you see trash bags hanging from trees and small tied up bags tied to tree branches, that's him collecting stuff to take out about once a week. Flour tortillas are king for carp but it also catches bass and large catfish there also. I glad you caught some decent fish there.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum