Texas Fishing Forum

After the RAIN comes the BITE!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

After the RAIN comes the BITE! - 07/28/16 03:20 PM

What a difference a couple days of RAIN made. Hit the hill country and the bite was "ON FIRE". Fished a super creek from sunup till 10am yesterday and it was non stop action. Caught a bunch of nice Redbreast and sunfish hybrids all in the 8 to 9 inch range.(No small ones). Caught well over forty nice fish. Fish were fat and full of fight after a super good dose of fresh rain water. Fish were active in the cooler conditions. Fish were caught using worms with a float technique.The ultra light got a great workout. Creek is in good condition with nice grass beds. Rounding out the catch were some nice fat Bluegill and a couple of 14 inch fat bass.Most fish were released and a few made it to the dinner table. Fishing the Texas Hill Country after some good rains. It just don't get any better! fish

Posted By: KurtActual

Re: After the RAIN comes the BITE! - 07/28/16 03:29 PM

Thanks for sharing!

Re: After the RAIN comes the BITE! - 07/28/16 03:32 PM

Thanks Kurt for the reply! cheers A little rain really turned em on! hooked
Posted By: Bob9

Re: After the RAIN comes the BITE! - 07/28/16 03:51 PM

Rain makes it all better. Nice going, Chuck!

Bob
clap

Re: After the RAIN comes the BITE! - 07/28/16 03:54 PM

Thanks Bob! cheers Yes Sir that dose of fresh water got the big ones turned on for sure! thumb
Posted By: Hunter498

Re: After the RAIN comes the BITE! - 07/29/16 10:39 AM

Nice Pics!
Posted By: SlowDown

Re: After the RAIN comes the BITE! - 07/31/16 12:56 AM

We fished Thursday, after the rain on Wednesday, and also had a good day. Never thought about the rain making the fishing better. Now, I'll start looking summer days to fish right after it rains. Nice pictures Banker, thanks for sharing. I also brought a few home for the table, like I almost always do.

Posted By: J-Moe

Re: After the RAIN comes the BITE! - 07/31/16 03:11 AM

Great fish, glad to see you got into some big ones. thumb

Re: After the RAIN comes the BITE! - 08/01/16 12:21 PM

Originally Posted By: fish 'till I drop
We fished Thursday, after the rain on Wednesday, and also had a good day. Never thought about the rain making the fishing better. Now, I'll start looking summer days to fish right after it rains. Nice pictures Banker, thanks for sharing. I also brought a few home for the table, like I almost always do.

Thanks Hunter498,fish 'till I drop,and Jamie for the replies! cheers fish 'till I drop: Yes Sir nothing beats a fresh sunfish dinner! thumb As always you know how to make someone HUNGRY! food
Posted By: Laker One

Re: After the RAIN comes the BITE! - 08/01/16 04:29 PM

Nice post Chuck. The Crappie bite picked up good right after and during the showers! The sunfish bite also. woot

Side Note: Can not launch from Lake Wood. Their dam broke this past May and will not be repaired until next August 2017. Meadow or Gonzales are the closest ramps.

Re: After the RAIN comes the BITE! - 08/07/16 05:58 AM

Thanks Curtis for the reply! thumb I found out about the Wood Dam last month. As you stated next August 2017 is the date for repairs. juggle That is a shame! taz I would think that the river further up would be a lot more shallower? hmmm Has this effected the bite? noidea
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: After the RAIN comes the BITE! - 08/10/16 11:30 AM

Nice fish and report Chuck. Boy can we use some more rain again. How are the water bodies holding up?

Side Note: Also love the dinner post fish 'till I drop!

Re: After the RAIN comes the BITE! - 08/15/16 10:07 AM

Thanks Gitter for the reply! cheers Yes Sir this RAIN is really going to help a lot! This rain will revive the water bodies for sure! thumb
Posted By: red snappa

Re: After the RAIN comes the BITE! - 08/15/16 01:15 PM

Nice job again! I got hungry just looking at the pics! roflmao

Re: After the RAIN comes the BITE! - 08/19/16 10:34 AM

ti
Originally Posted By: red snappa
Nice job again! I got hungry just looking at the pics! roflmao

Thanks red snappa for the reply! cheers Yes Sir fish fish 'till I drop is the master when it comes to putting together a GREAT sunfish meal! food

Re: After the RAIN comes the BITE! - 08/29/16 10:58 AM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Thanks Curtis for the reply! thumb I found out about the Wood Dam last month. As you stated next August 2017 is the date for repairs. juggle That is a shame! taz I would think that the river further up would be a lot more shallower? hmmm Has this effected the bite? noidea

It has effected the bite some. Current is faster also. Still getting good numbers on Crappie and catching a few nice Bluegill as well. woot

Re: After the RAIN comes the BITE! - 08/30/16 09:08 AM

Originally Posted By: Laker One

It has effected the bite some. Current is faster also. Still getting good numbers on Crappie and catching a few nice Bluegill as well. woot

thumb

Re: After the RAIN comes the BITE! - 09/01/16 10:34 PM

Thanks Gitter for the reply! cheers Yes Sir this RAIN is really going to help a lot! This rain will revive the water bodies for sure! thumb

Thanks Chuck. Looks like this extra latest rainfall will also help out!

Re: After the RAIN comes the BITE! - 09/05/16 01:29 PM

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done

Thanks Chuck. Looks like this extra latest rainfall will also help out!

Yes Sir any amount helps in the long run. thumb

Re: After the RAIN comes the BITE! - 09/11/16 01:48 PM

Yes sir the water bodies are looking good. Drove over to Medina Lake and it looked awesome.

Re: After the RAIN comes the BITE! - 09/17/16 09:18 AM

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done

Yes sir the water bodies are looking good. Drove over to Medina Lake and it looked awesome.

thumb

Re: After the RAIN comes the BITE! - 10/01/16 12:35 PM

Creek bite is on fire Chuck. PM sent.

Side note.Last weeks rain and cooler temperatures has done the trick.

Re: After the RAIN comes the BITE! - 10/09/16 10:09 AM

Thanks Curtis! It is a good time to be fishing for sure! hooked
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum