Texas Fishing Forum

Movin' on up

Posted By: USMC_Guy

Movin' on up - 07/11/16 01:22 AM

To East Texas, that is. It's been a while since I've been active on here and I plan on making up for lost time. I've recently moved to Overton and have settled in enough to wet a line. I might make my way over to Lake Athens fishery tomorrow or somewhere more local. I hope to meet some new folks and make some new memories.

I'd like to thank Chuck(banker), Fred(rionator) and all the other guys and gals I fished with in the San Antonio area. I made some great friends and a ton of memories that I will cherish.If you head up this way drop me a line and we can meet up and catch up. (Or go catching, lol)

Tight lines...
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Movin' on up - 07/11/16 01:38 AM

Plan on making some trips up there in the very near future Mike! thumb

Side Note: The NEWS has already spread to all of the fish in the San Antonio,Hill Country area,that you have moved to east Texas! walking The Redear here have alerted the Redear in East Texas! hooked
Posted By: Smithaven

Re: Movin' on up - 07/11/16 03:10 PM

Good luck in your new home. Let us know how you do fishing.
Posted By: highcountry

Re: Movin' on up - 07/12/16 01:35 AM

You will love it! Will you be fishing from a boat or on the bank?

Re: Movin' on up - 07/12/16 07:39 PM

Hello highcountry, I'll be fishing mostly from the bank as I don't have a boat. Look forward to exploring out here though.

Thanks Smithhaven. I plan on staying active and fishing more as I get settled in.
Posted By: highcountry

Re: Movin' on up - 07/12/16 11:21 PM

Bank access is tough on Athens but, if you are interested, we're out there a couple of times a month, and you are welcome to join us at our private access areas. We'll be out there the mornings of the 23rd and 24th of this month for sure. Just let me know, and we'll make it happen...
Posted By: jagg

Re: Movin' on up - 07/13/16 01:39 AM

Good luck, Mike! I'm sure you will have the fish out there patterned in no time. Nice to have another satellite over in EasTex that will be able to speak toward the panfish fishing comprehensively and we can say, "Well, if Mike ain't catching, ain't nobody catching!" Hope Smithaven can shorten your learning curve out there. He's definitely on the ball! Good luck on your future endeavors!

Re: Movin' on up - 07/13/16 02:00 AM

Thanks Jagg. I'll be exploring more and more as it cools off too. This Yankee has a hard time with the heat, lol.
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Movin' on up - 07/13/16 02:44 PM

Good luck Mike. I'm going to miss all those pictures Chuck posted of you holding trophy fish. I guess you will have to find a new photographer. It should be a lot of fun to explore new water.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Movin' on up - 07/14/16 05:36 PM

Originally Posted By: J-Moe
Good luck Mike. I'm going to miss all those pictures Chuck posted of you holding trophy fish. I guess you will have to find a new photographer. It should be a lot of fun to explore new water.

Plus #1.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum