Texas Fishing Forum

First time to cook sunnies on the gas grill

Posted By: SlowDown

First time to cook sunnies on the gas grill - 07/07/16 07:07 PM

I saw a guy on a you tube cook bluegill fillets on a gas grill and decided to try it. He used a double layer of heavy duty foil, sprayed it with Pam to keep the fillets from sticking, put'em in an egg wash and then breaded them, cooked them on medium high for four minutes, flipped them over and cooked them four more minutes. Very easy and they were good. Oh, forgot to say that after I put them on the foil, I brushed them with melted butter.

Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: First time to cook sunnies on the gas grill - 07/07/16 07:32 PM

Man those bad boys look tasty...good job! thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: First time to cook sunnies on the gas grill - 07/07/16 09:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Action_Jackson
Man those bad boys look tasty...good job! thumb

Totally agree! food

Side Note: Did you use Pam on the foil?

Re: First time to cook sunnies on the gas grill - 07/07/16 10:01 PM

Thanks for the replies A_A and Banker. This is definitely a cooking method I will use in the future, for cooking them breaded and not breaded. Sometimes the oven is being used for other purposes. They were good breaded, but I also like them the way Banker bakes his with seasoning and a little lemon flavored butter. Will probably grill them that way next time.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: First time to cook sunnies on the gas grill - 07/07/16 10:28 PM

Originally Posted By: fish 'till I drop
Thanks for the replies A_A and Banker. This is definitely a cooking method I will use in the future, for cooking them breaded and not breaded. Sometimes the oven is being used for other purposes. They were good breaded, but I also like them the way Banker bakes his with seasoning and a little lemon flavored butter. Will probably grill them that way next time.

thumb
Posted By: highcountry

Re: First time to cook sunnies on the gas grill - 07/07/16 10:42 PM

Looks mighty tasty!

You might want to investigate reusable non-stick grilling sheets, too. They work very well...
Posted By: Perchy Perch

Re: First time to cook sunnies on the gas grill - 07/07/16 10:44 PM

Wow those look great! I'll have to try that out - I always have residual heat (coal grill) that goes to waste and this might be perfect for throwing on after the burgers.

Ever try smoking one?

Re: First time to cook sunnies on the gas grill - 07/08/16 03:31 PM

Thanks for the replies high country and mulGH. Thanks for the tip on reusable nonstick grill sheets HC.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: First time to cook sunnies on the gas grill - 07/09/16 02:36 AM

Good Stuff! food
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: First time to cook sunnies on the gas grill - 07/14/16 05:43 PM

Looks great!
Posted By: Cast

Re: First time to cook sunnies on the gas grill - 07/14/16 06:33 PM

Heck yeah.
Posted By: dmunsie

Re: First time to cook sunnies on the gas grill - 07/17/16 10:48 PM

Love grilled blues & sunnies! No breading for me, just baste with lemon pepper, garlic butter. Dip in cocktail source (or more garlic butter!). Yum!!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum