Texas Fishing Forum

A Redbreast kind of Morning!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

A Redbreast kind of Morning! - 06/27/16 08:15 PM

Fished Lake Dunlap this morning from 7am till 10am and found a bunch of hungry Redbreast. Fished two spots. Caught about 30 and all of them were in the 8 to 9 inch range and full of fight. Fish were holding in 5 to 8 feet of water by a drop off. The water was clear in some spots and lightly stained in others. The current was good. Worms were the bait of choice and bottom techniques were used. Starting the week catching some nice sunnies. It just don't get any better! fish

Posted By: Bob9

Re: A Redbreast kind of Morning! - 06/28/16 12:00 AM

Nice catching, Chuck! Good to avoid the heat.

Bob
cheers
Posted By: Vogey

Re: A Redbreast kind of Morning! - 06/28/16 01:39 AM

I had a feeling you might be out there today...I plan on giving it a try tomorrow morning. Will report back after the trip. Have been dying to go, but loading and unloading with the swift current looked like a challenge.

Re: A Redbreast kind of Morning! - 06/28/16 03:26 AM

Thanks Bob and Vogey for the replies.Bob. Yes Sir got to beat the heat and wake boaters. Vogey. Was nailing em good until the bite shut down at around 10am. thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: A Redbreast kind of Morning! - 06/30/16 03:46 PM

Those are some nice ones Chuck! woot

Side Note: Caught some Redbreast earlier this week that were urinating after the catch. Got a feeling a spawn is fixing to take place. Also seeing some sunnies on nest.
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: A Redbreast kind of Morning! - 06/30/16 06:18 PM

Nicely done Banker...Man, I love to see those bad boys puttin up that fight coming out the water! "It just doesnt get any better"
Posted By: highcountry

Re: A Redbreast kind of Morning! - 07/01/16 09:16 PM

Gorgeous reds, Chuck! I'm truly jealous....

Re: A Redbreast kind of Morning! - 07/08/16 10:56 AM

Thanks Curtis,AJ,and Phil for the replies! cheers AJ: Yes Sir love those "bad boy" sunnies! That ultra light fight is AWESOME! boxing Curtis: I had a few that urinated and have seen some on nest while fishing the creeks. Very possible there was a spawn going on. hmmm
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: A Redbreast kind of Morning! - 07/14/16 05:40 PM

Great seeing a good Dunlap post Chuck. Nice fish.

Side Note: How is the boat traffic?

Re: A Redbreast kind of Morning! - 07/16/16 09:56 AM

Thanks Gitter for the reply! cheers This time of year I am usually off of the river lakes by 10am and the boat traffic has not been bad at all. thumb From 10am on it is a different story. bang
Posted By: slabnut

Re: A Redbreast kind of Morning! - 07/16/16 07:00 PM

PM sent Chuck

Re: A Redbreast kind of Morning! - 07/23/16 09:30 AM

Originally Posted By: slabnut
PM sent Chuck

thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: A Redbreast kind of Morning! - 07/23/16 10:38 AM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Thanks Gitter for the reply! cheers This time of year I am usually off of the river lakes by 10am and the boat traffic has not been bad at all. thumb From 10am on it is a different story. bang

Yes Sir,early morning is the best time on the lakes for sure especially during the summer time.

Re: A Redbreast kind of Morning! - 07/29/16 11:26 PM

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done

Yes Sir,early morning is the best time on the lakes for sure especially during the summer time.

The heat along with the humidity makes for some pretty rough conditions. nuts Seems once the 10am hour arrives the bite slows down a lot. tired
Posted By: Laker One

Re: A Redbreast kind of Morning! - 08/01/16 04:07 PM

Thanks Curtis,AJ,and Phil for the replies! cheers AJ: Yes Sir love those "bad boy" sunnies! That ultra light fight is AWESOME! boxing Curtis: I had a few that urinated and have seen some on nest while fishing the creeks. Very possible there was a spawn going on. hmmm

You were right a spawn was going on! Fished yesterday and the only fish I saw guarding nest were the Rios.

Re: A Redbreast kind of Morning! - 08/06/16 09:56 AM

thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum