Texas Fishing Forum

Rios,Rios,Rios!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Rios,Rios,Rios! - 06/20/16 06:55 PM

Fished a couple of hill country creeks the other day searching for Rios and found them. The Rio bite was on FIRE! Fished from 1pm till 6pm and left them biting. Lost count after 20. All fish were in the 9 to 10 inch range. Had two that went in the 11 inch range. Fish were holding close to large rocks and low overhanging tree limbs. Fish were in 2 to 3 feet of water close to running current. The water was stained due to past heavy rains and fast moving current. Fish were caught with worms and were released to fight again. Catching Rios non stop with my ultra light. It just don't get any better! fish

Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: Rios,Rios,Rios! - 06/20/16 07:28 PM

Yessir, Banker I know you had a lil too much fun...still looking to catch my first one! They're not up here in North Texas...At least I haven't found any as of yet!
Posted By: red snappa

Re: Rios,Rios,Rios! - 06/20/16 07:29 PM

Those are beautiful fish! One of these days I hope to get one for a mount!

Re: Rios,Rios,Rios! - 06/20/16 08:39 PM

Thanks AJ and red snappa for the replies. cheers Bite will be good all the way to till early November or until the first major cold front arrives. thumb Great fighters and a blast to catch. hooked

Re: Rios,Rios,Rios! - 06/20/16 08:48 PM

Originally Posted By: Action_Jackson
Yessir, Banker I know you had a lil too much fun...still looking to catch my first one! They're not up here in North Texas...At least I haven't found any as of yet!

AJ the furthest North I have heard a Rio being caught was in Waco off of the Brazos River. hmmm I personally have caught lots of Rios in Austin and Marble Falls! thumb
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Rios,Rios,Rios! - 06/20/16 09:00 PM

Chuck, we gotta get you some new photos to post. We've seen all of these several times.. LOL All kidding aside, great job and it's about time for you to come down to Travis and lets see if we can top Team Hooligan.
Posted By: Kent Meadows aka Team Hooligan

Re: Rios,Rios,Rios! - 06/20/16 10:08 PM

Fantastic! you know its summer when ever we start see'ing Chuck post those huge Rio's

Re: Rios,Rios,Rios! - 06/20/16 11:10 PM

Originally Posted By: Bob Landry
Chuck, we gotta get you some new photos to post. We've seen all of these several times.. LOL All kidding aside, great job and it's about time for you to come down to Travis and lets see if we can top Team Hooligan.

Thanks Bob and Kent for the replies. Bob. It would be next to impossible to even come close to out fishing Team Hooligan. They know every fish by name in the Austin area. thumb
Posted By: Fishing_4_Life

Re: Rios,Rios,Rios! - 06/20/16 11:25 PM

One of your favorites to catch and you caught so many! Great job and solid post! coolphotos
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Rios,Rios,Rios! - 06/21/16 12:26 AM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Originally Posted By: Bob Landry

Thanks Bob and Kent for the replies. Bob. It would be next to impossible to even come close to out fishing Team Hooligan. They know every fish by name in the Austin area. thumb

But if we could hijack their contact list...
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Rios,Rios,Rios! - 06/21/16 01:02 PM

Catching Mega Trophy Rios, now that's the kind of report I love to hear thumb

Great catch Chuck, thanks for sharing. I'll be ready to come fishing with you in a couple of weeks.
Posted By: Bob9

Re: Rios,Rios,Rios! - 06/21/16 02:45 PM

Love me some Rios. Nice catching, Chuck!

Bob
clap
Posted By: highcountry

Re: Rios,Rios,Rios! - 06/21/16 03:03 PM

Sooo envious of having rios in your backyard, Chuck... Very cool!
Posted By: Fat Guy in a Little Boat

Re: Rios,Rios,Rios! - 06/21/16 03:10 PM

How Cool! fish
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Rios,Rios,Rios! - 06/21/16 09:58 PM

Well done Chuck! Beauties blush

Re: Rios,Rios,Rios! - 06/25/16 10:33 AM

Thanks guys for the replies. cheers Seeing a lot of Rios on nest now. eeks During their nesting they become very hard to catch. nuts
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Rios,Rios,Rios! - 06/30/16 03:38 PM

Love that Rio action. woot Nice fish. Caught a bunch over the last couple of week on the fly. I have noticed this week a lot of Rios are starting to nest sit. Are you noticing the same?

Re: Rios,Rios,Rios! - 07/04/16 01:34 PM

Thanks Curtis for the reply! cheers I am seeing a lot of Rios on nest! eeks This time of year it is vary hard to get "nest sitters" to bite! bang
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Rios,Rios,Rios! - 07/09/16 02:40 AM

Thanks Curtis for the reply! cheers I am seeing a lot of Rios on nest! eeks This time of year it is vary hard to get "nest sitters" to bite! bang

Yes Sir know the feeling! nuts

Re: Rios,Rios,Rios! - 07/11/16 11:37 AM

Originally Posted By: Laker One

Yes Sir know the feeling! nuts

taz
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Rios,Rios,Rios! - 07/14/16 05:54 PM

Love those Rio post. Nice fish Chuck.

Side Note: How has the Rio bite been so far?

Re: Rios,Rios,Rios! - 07/17/16 09:38 AM

Thanks Gitter for the reply! cheers The Rio bite has been very good so far this year, Creeks and rivers are producing some nice fish. thumb

Side Note: Rios are nest sitting right now and are hard to catch! nuts Patients is the game plan. hooked
Posted By: Fooshman

Re: Rios,Rios,Rios! - 07/18/16 01:06 AM

thumb

Re: Rios,Rios,Rios! - 07/24/16 09:38 AM

Thanks Fooshman for the reply! cheers
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Rios,Rios,Rios! - 07/31/16 07:35 PM

Thanks Gitter for the reply! cheers The Rio bite has been very good so far this year, Creeks and rivers are producing some nice fish. thumb

Side Note: Rios are nest sitting right now and are hard to catch! nuts Patients is the game plan. hooked

Yea but judging your Rio postings you are still nailing em!

Re: Rios,Rios,Rios! - 08/03/16 11:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done

Yea but judging your Rio postings you are still nailing em!

Yes Sir! Still getting lucky to get a few to bite! hooked
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum