Texas Fishing Forum

Slooooow fishing today

Posted By: SlowDown

Slooooow fishing today - 06/07/16 09:39 PM

Had to work hard today just to grub out ten bluegill/redear/redbreast sunnies. Am thinking all the fresh water has put a damper on the bite, but I don't really know why, just know it was slow.

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Slooooow fishing today - 06/07/16 11:06 PM

Awesome haul. Good job. cheers

Side Note: You just might have a point. hmmm The bite has slowed a little for me also. nuts With all of the rain water that has fallen, that just might be a cause. noidea Hopefully some stable conditions will set in and the bite will start picking up. thumb

Re: Slooooow fishing today - 06/07/16 11:43 PM

Thanks Banker. Yes, looks like we will have stable weather for awhile and we can hope fishing will improve. My buddy always fishes for bass while I am fishing for sunnies. He didn't catch any fish today, not one. We do not remember how long ago it was when he didn't catch any fish.
Posted By: highcountry

Re: Slooooow fishing today - 06/08/16 12:08 AM

Plenty of nice fillets there! Not bad at all for a "slow" day...
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Slooooow fishing today - 06/08/16 12:19 AM

All of the rain we have been getting has screwed up the ph of the water. It may take a while for things to get back to normal. Down on the coast, the East Bay is the only place producing fish because of all of the freshwater being dumped in to the bays.

Re: Slooooow fishing today - 06/08/16 12:43 AM

Thanks for the replies high country and Bob Landry. The last month has indeed been crazy weather wise. Hopefully, things are about to improve.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Slooooow fishing today - 06/09/16 04:39 PM

Nice catch! woot
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Slooooow fishing today - 06/15/16 02:21 PM

Looks like a great slow day. Nice fish. Good job.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum