Texas Fishing Forum

Still Catching Em!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Still Catching Em! - 06/06/16 05:08 AM

Still catching good numbers of both Redear and Bluegill. Also catching some nice bass in the 2 to 3 lb range. Fished several ponds last week between storms that are in GREAT shape. Fish are holding near weed and reed beds in 3 to 5 feet of water. Bottom and float techniques are used. Worms were the bait used. Fish were fat with plenty of fight and were also active. Pond fishing for Bluegills. It just don't get any better! fish

Posted By: krazydaddy2

Re: Still Catching Em! - 06/06/16 05:22 AM

Your stories never cease to amaze me.

Re: Still Catching Em! - 06/06/16 11:37 AM

Thanks krazydaddy2 for the reply! cheers Pond fishing is hard to beat. thumb
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Still Catching Em! - 06/06/16 11:45 AM

If I had not fished with Chuck and seen it with my own eyes, I would swear he has a folder of fish photos on his computer that he just keeps rotating for the posts on here.. LOL

Re: Still Catching Em! - 06/06/16 12:17 PM

Originally Posted By: Bob Landry
If I had not fished with Chuck and seen it with my own eyes, I would swear he has a folder of fish photos on his computer that he just keeps rotating for the posts on here.. LOL

You are 100 Percent Right Bob! hammer

Side Note: It also helps if you have GREAT PLACES to fish! partyon
Posted By: Kent Meadows aka Team Hooligan

Re: Still Catching Em! - 06/06/16 02:20 PM

Fantastic Chuck, Redear....they have become as extinct as the dinosaurs here. Love looking at their pics. Sadly we here in Austin are at the mercy of the LCRA as to when our lakes will become fishable again.
Posted By: highcountry

Re: Still Catching Em! - 06/06/16 02:26 PM

I haven't fished a pond since moving back to Texas seven years ago, Chuck. Your posts have tweeked my interest in researching local spots!
Posted By: Bob9

Re: Still Catching Em! - 06/06/16 09:38 PM

Good looking sunnies, Chuck!

Bob
banana banana banana
Posted By: SK.

Re: Still Catching Em! - 06/07/16 12:45 PM

Setting the hook sure is fun....WTG BAF......
Posted By: SlowDown

Re: Still Catching Em! - 06/08/16 01:16 AM

Banker, you are amazing to have developed all the places you can fish from the bank. Have never known of anyone else that has done that. By the way, I picked up a couple of packs of trout worms as back-up when I do not have live worms. I caught a coughs a couple of fish on them today. Appreciate your telling me about them.

Re: Still Catching Em! - 06/12/16 09:47 AM

Originally Posted By: fish 'till I drop
Banker, you are amazing to have developed all the places you can fish from the bank. Have never known of anyone else that has done that. By the way, I picked up a couple of packs of trout worms as back-up when I do not have live worms. I caught a coughs a couple of fish on them today. Appreciate your telling me about them.

Thanks Guys for the replies! cheers SK: Yes sir that hook set is a BLAST! hooked fish 'till I drop: I love to BANK FISH plane and simple. I love putting my gear in the back of my truck and just taking off. Just being in and seeing the beauty of the GREAT OUTDOORS is worth it by it's self. As I say. It just don't get any better! fish

Side Note: Always good to have a pack of Berkley Trout Worms in the tackle box. thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Still Catching Em! - 06/13/16 11:38 PM

Those are some hogs Chuck. Good job. Bet those ponds are is super shape after all of this rain we have gotten. How would you rate the bass bite?

Re: Still Catching Em! - 06/18/16 10:42 AM

Thanks Curtis. cheers Ponds are in great shape with plenty of active fish. coolio As for the Bass bite is has been pretty good. Catching plenty of 2 to 3 pound fish. hooked

Side Note: Any east side river news? hmmm
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Still Catching Em! - 06/21/16 03:51 PM

Fast currents and a lot of past very heavy rain has slowed down the bite on the eastern end. Some very good brush piles have got washed away. Good news is we had a pretty good day the past Friday. Jeff,Steve,and I limited on the Crappie. We also picked up a bunch of nice Bluegill!

Re: Still Catching Em! - 06/24/16 10:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Laker One
Fast currents and a lot of past very heavy rain has slowed down the bite on the eastern end. Some very good brush piles have got washed away. Good news is we had a pretty good day the past Friday. Jeff,Steve,and I limited on the Crappie. We also picked up a bunch of nice Bluegill!

Thanks Curtis! thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Still Catching Em! - 07/01/16 12:51 PM

Nice ones Chuck! Seems now that we are in a stable weather pattern the bite is staying good! How are your spots doing so far this summer?

Re: Still Catching Em! - 07/05/16 12:19 PM

Thanks Gitter for the reply. cheers All of the places I have fished this summer are in good shape with plenty of active fish! hooked

Re: Still Catching Em! - 07/05/16 01:49 PM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Thanks Gitter for the reply. cheers All of the places I have fished this summer are in good shape with plenty of active fish! hooked

thumb

Side Note: Which is the better bite? Morning or Night?

Re: Still Catching Em! - 07/09/16 09:23 AM

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done
Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing

thumb

Side Note: Which is the better bite? Morning or Night?

Morning bite is best! hooked
Posted By: Pop1655

Re: Still Catching Em! - 07/09/16 12:37 PM

Of course he's still catching em. He's a machine!

Re: Still Catching Em! - 07/13/16 11:05 AM

Originally Posted By: Pop1655
Of course he's still catching em. He's a machine!

Yes Sir! Love chasing those sunnies! rockon

Re: Still Catching Em! - 07/14/16 05:32 PM

Thought so. Heck around 10am it is getting pretty HOT! You plan on any night fishing?

Re: Still Catching Em! - 07/15/16 10:45 AM

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done
Thought so. Heck around 10am it is getting pretty HOT! You plan on any night fishing?

Yes Sir! Will be night fishing soon. I have a few trips planned! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum