Texas Fishing Forum

Llano River (State Park to Flatrock Lane)

Posted By: MJFort

Llano River (State Park to Flatrock Lane) - 05/31/16 04:28 PM

Memorial Day Joe and I went to kayak the Llano River. Junction gauge read 137 cfp when we put on and 345 cfs when we took out.
We could not find the sunfish! lots of little bass and one channel cat. Using green and white jigs, green and pink beetle spin, they would not hit anything else. I tried, I threw half my tackle box at them.
Fishing was slow and then quit when the river rose. Water was stained when we started, but then with the rise it turned chocolate brown and the bite turned off.
It was still a great day outdoors and on the water.
The picture of the bridge is at the Llano state park after we got off the river. If it had looked like that in the morning, would not have gone, too sporty for me.

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Llano River (State Park to Flatrock Lane) - 05/31/16 07:17 PM

Thanks MJFort for the report. cheers Do not fish the Llano that much.Most of the hill country got a lot of rain this month with a lot more on the way this week. bang The Corp of Engineers is letting out more water from Canyon and the current on the Guadalupe River is extremely fast. taz Met a couple of Yakers today while fishing a hill country river and they did not have that good of a outing also. They stated current was to fast. nuts

Side Note: Also did not see any pictures reference to the bridge. hmmm
Posted By: MJFort

Re: Llano River (State Park to Flatrock Lane) - 05/31/16 10:25 PM

I'll have to try and load them again. I see three file icons in my post. I guess I did something incorrect when loading the pictures.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Llano River (State Park to Flatrock Lane) - 06/01/16 12:32 AM

Wow! That is a of water. OMG There is a lot more on the way including the 2" I just got a couple of hours ago. bang
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Llano River (State Park to Flatrock Lane) - 06/01/16 01:52 PM

Fished the Llano last year from a kayak. Had a great time and caught some nice fish. Plan on fishing it again this upcoming fall.

Side Note: That river is moving. Thanks for the report.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum