Texas Fishing Forum

Baked Bluegill

Posted By: SlowDown

Baked Bluegill - 04/28/16 12:06 AM

I used a breaking made with bread crumbs, Parmesan cheese, and several seasonings to bake bluegill fillets for supper. The fillllets were first dipped in melted butter, then the breaking mix, then put on oiled foil, on a baking pan. Pretty good flavor. As normal, I cooked more than needed for two people.

Re: Baked Bluegill - 04/28/16 12:10 AM

Next week, I want to bake them coated with lemon butter, without any breaking, the way Banker and several others said they cooked them. I do enjoy experimenting.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Baked Bluegill - 04/28/16 01:38 AM

Totally "AWESOME"! bow_down

Looking MIGHTY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! food

Re: Baked Bluegill - 04/28/16 01:34 PM

Thanks for the reply Banker. I'm looking forward to baking a batch of them in lemon butter next week along the lines that you said you bake them.

Re: Baked Bluegill - 04/28/16 01:45 PM

Originally Posted By: fish 'till I drop
Thanks for the reply Banker. I'm looking forward to baking a batch of them in lemon butter next week along the lines that you said you bake them.

Heck I would keep baking them the way you do! Those look FANTASTIC!

Side Note: If you do base the fillets with lemon butter remember to use very little lemon. eeks Some of the grocery stores carry a lemon butter type salt you can use if you do not want to do the mixing yourself. thumb

Re: Baked Bluegill - 04/28/16 02:16 PM

Banker, you know by now that I like to tinker with everything fish-related, including tackle, bait, recipes, whatever. Heck, it is hard to improve on frying them whole like you seem to do most of the time. But that's just me.

Re: Baked Bluegill - 04/28/16 02:41 PM

Originally Posted By: fish 'till I drop
Banker, you know by now that I like to tinker with everything fish-related, including tackle, bait, recipes, whatever. Heck, it is hard to improve on frying them whole like you seem to do most of the time. But that's just me.

Yes Sir. I know the feeling! thumb
Posted By: reelswift

Re: Baked Bluegill - 04/29/16 04:16 PM

Looks delicious
Posted By: highcountry

Re: Baked Bluegill - 04/29/16 04:57 PM

Mmmm mmm mmm... Love all the fruit and veggies, too!

Re: Baked Bluegill - 04/29/16 07:56 PM

Thanks reelswift and highcountry for the replies. Yes sir, fish, green vegetables, and fruit are good, and also healthy. Can't beat it.
Posted By: CHAMPION FISH

Re: Baked Bluegill - 04/29/16 08:27 PM

Bream is best eating fish. You just have to catch a bunch of them.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Baked Bluegill - 05/02/16 02:22 AM

Love these post! Nicely done! woot
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Baked Bluegill - 05/05/16 01:10 PM

That looks just SUPER good! Love post like these.
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Baked Bluegill - 05/05/16 08:22 PM

Very nice!
Posted By: encKe

Re: Baked Bluegill - 05/05/16 09:15 PM

I greatly approve of this post. looks great!

Re: Baked Bluegill - 05/05/16 09:30 PM

Thanks to all of you for the replies. The bluegill/sunfish forum is a lot of fun and I enjoy sharing pictures on it and talking to fellow fishermen.
Posted By: SK.

Re: Baked Bluegill - 05/05/16 11:25 PM

Looks tasty & got my mouth watering for some feesh now....

Re: Baked Bluegill - 05/06/16 10:05 AM

Thank you encKe. We decided to eat out yesterday evening, so I didn't fry up the gills I caught Wednesday, but I will correct that this evening. LOL
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum