Texas Fishing Forum

What to Target

Posted By: Jaydub

What to Target - 04/27/16 02:35 PM

I grew up in South Louisiana fishing predominately for bream and really would like to get back in it. Where we fished, we targeted lily pads and cypress knees in 3-4' of water. Fishing lakes around DFW is quite different. What do you target when fishing large lakes? In other words, what type of structure and what depths. Let's say beginning in May thru August. Not looking for spots, just what to look for.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: What to Target - 04/27/16 02:41 PM

Sunfish love hanging around docks,bridges,walls,trees,tree overhangs,and rocks. Not to mention sunken brush piles and ledges by drop offs. During late spring through October dock slips and docks are good places to catch sunfish. Also try water where there are overhanging tree limbs. Sunnies love to stay under the tree limbs and wait of insects to fall into the water. Creeks and ponds are also great places to catch em. Good luck and hope you post up some of your trips. coolio
Posted By: erittmueller

Re: What to Target - 04/27/16 09:44 PM

Creeks and Ponds!!!!! I've caught some greenies out of my local ponds that would have been state records if I had recorded it/known what it was...

Eric
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum