Texas Fishing Forum

Hybrid Bluegills

Posted By: Desull

Hybrid Bluegills - 04/26/16 07:48 PM

Just wanted to share a couple pics of nice hybrid bluegills from this spring. I have been having a blast catching the hybrid bluegills in the ponds around McKinney and Allen. The last three weeks 1/16th roadrunners with a small blue and white grub has been the go-to. I have only taken my boat out twice this year but I have enjoyed targeting these guys.

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Hybrid Bluegills - 04/26/16 08:37 PM

Super fish Desull! Good job. cheers

Side Note. Fish #1 Looks like a Green Sunfish,while fish #2 and #3 look like Georgia Giants. Green/Bluegill mix. eeks Great fighters also. boxing Again super fish and thanks for sharing. thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Hybrid Bluegills - 04/27/16 08:55 PM

Those are some Hogs! Good job.
Posted By: Desull

Re: Hybrid Bluegills - 04/28/16 07:45 PM

Thanks guys...I also wanted to share this beast. I caught it a few years ago in one of the ponds. I have been targeting the green sunfish to catch another one this size. I would like to donate it to the Cabela's Allen aquarium.

Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: Hybrid Bluegills - 04/28/16 08:20 PM

Wow, now thats a hawwwg...gotta love those gills!!! WTG Desull cheers
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Hybrid Bluegills - 04/28/16 08:34 PM

Originally Posted By: Desull
Thanks guys...I also wanted to share this beast. I caught it a few years ago in one of the ponds. I have been targeting the green sunfish to catch another one this size. I would like to donate it to the Cabela's Allen aquarium.

Monster Fish! Good job. thumb
Posted By: JigandJeep

Re: Hybrid Bluegills - 04/28/16 08:40 PM

unless you're an 8 year old girl, that's a monster!
Posted By: Meadowlark

Re: Hybrid Bluegills - 04/29/16 03:56 AM

Those are great catches. A lot of(uninformed) people talk trash about hybrid bluegills. Myself, I love them.

Congrats on great catch.
Posted By: SK.

Re: Hybrid Bluegills - 04/29/16 02:40 PM

Nice'uns for sure.....
A fish don't get any purdier than a those greens......specially when they are lit up...
Posted By: highcountry

Re: Hybrid Bluegills - 04/29/16 05:01 PM

Terrific photos!!! thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Hybrid Bluegills - 05/02/16 02:49 AM

Monster fish! Good job Desull! woot
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum