Texas Fishing Forum

Cooking Bluegill Fillets

Posted By: SlowDown

Cooking Bluegill Fillets - 04/24/16 01:03 AM

Well, after reading the replies you gave me about baking bluegill fillets, I went online to learn how to make lemon butter (LB) since I have never made it. To make a long story short, I made my first LB this evening and cooked a batch of fillets in it for supper tonight. They were OK, but the LB needs improvement. Any comments or suggestions you might offer about how you prepare LB, including how much butter and how much lemon juice you use, will be welcomed. I normally only cook about eight fillets, which is all the the two of us can eat for a meal. The bluegills are pretty large, so the fillets are large for perch. Thanks for your continuing help.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Cooking Bluegill Fillets - 04/24/16 09:25 AM

I use a very small amount of lemon juice mixed with the butter. I usually add a half of a tea spoon of lemon juice to a small half cup of melted butter. The lemon juice adds a small taste to the butter. thumb

Re: Cooking Bluegill Fillets - 04/24/16 02:28 PM

Thanks for the reply Banker. i used too much lemon juice.
Posted By: Creekflyfisher54

Re: Cooking Bluegill Fillets - 04/26/16 04:36 PM

Try putting capers ,salt ,pepper in the sauce , and add alittle bacon in the pan.

Re: Cooking Bluegill Fillets - 04/27/16 03:15 AM

Thanks for the reply Creekflyfisher. Sounds good.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Cooking Bluegill Fillets - 04/27/16 09:08 PM

Those fillets would also go good on the grill.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Cooking Bluegill Fillets - 05/02/16 02:26 AM

I bake them using Louisianan Fish Fry Mix. Batter them up and bake them in a oven preheated at 350 degrees. Bake till golden brown or light brown depending how you like them.
Posted By: Bubba Broadus

Re: Cooking Bluegill Fillets - 05/02/16 02:29 AM

Going to have to try this. Thanks
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum