Texas Fishing Forum

Recipe Help Please

Posted By: SlowDown

Recipe Help Please - 04/18/16 05:22 PM

Last summer, several of you gave me recipes for cooking bluegill fillets in the oven. Now, I can't find them, although I've looked and looked.

I recall using a large baking sheet with a piece of foil on it that I sprayed with Pam. But I can't recall if I coated them by dipping in an eggwash and then a meal/seasonings mix, like I do for frying, or just what I did. Someone told me at the time they were as good as fried, without the grease, and I remember that they were.

Would you please tell me again how you prepare and cook them in the oven? It will be much appreciated. Thanks.
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Recipe Help Please - 04/18/16 06:22 PM

I like to wrap them in foil. Olive Oil or Butter with whatever seasoning sounds good to you.
Can go with the standard multi purpose fish rub or mix it up with a parmesan/white onion on top (very good)

Horseradish/mustard/BBQ sauce is also a good combo.

Trick is to not over over season and enjoy the white meat, unless you are eating fishing from 80+ degree water.

Hot water fish are junk to eat.

Re: Recipe Help Please - 04/18/16 06:35 PM

Fitz, thank you sir.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Recipe Help Please - 04/18/16 08:28 PM

Preheat oven to 350. Put fillets on a tin foil covered pan sprayed with Pam. Put Lemon Butter on the top of your fillets. Bake in oven until light brown or when the meat turns flaky. Keep some melted butter in a cup to dip your fish in while eating. There are other ways to bake or broil your fish. This is just a very simple one. Also would love to see pictures of your finished product!

Re: Recipe Help Please - 04/19/16 12:42 AM

Thank you very kindly Banker. Appreciate it. I fried some yesterday, so it will be about a week before I bake them, but I will post a picture. Guess all this rain will mess up our fishing for awhile, don't you think?

Re: Recipe Help Please - 04/19/16 03:36 AM

Originally Posted By: fish 'till I drop
Thank you very kindly Banker. Appreciate it. I fried some yesterday, so it will be about a week before I bake them, but I will post a picture. Guess all this rain will mess up our fishing for awhile, don't you think?

Yes Sir fishing will be a mess the next couple of days. nuts Should be OK by the middle of the week! coolio
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Recipe Help Please - 04/19/16 12:51 PM

Wrap em foil with butter,onion,bacon,bell papers,and tomatoes. Sprinkle a tiny bit of salt in you want. Preheat oven at 350 and bake for about 30 to 35 minutes. Fantastic!

Re: Recipe Help Please - 04/19/16 04:41 PM

Gitter Done, thanks for your recipe. Sounds very interesting, lot of flavors in there. I plan to try all of these recipes in the coming weeks.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Recipe Help Please - 04/20/16 02:48 PM

I love them baked. All I do is put lemon butter on the top while baking them. Have always turned out great. woot
Posted By: highcountry

Re: Recipe Help Please - 04/21/16 01:19 PM

Sounds like poor man's lobster, Chuck!

Re: Recipe Help Please - 04/21/16 01:33 PM

Originally Posted By: highcountry
Sounds like poor man's lobster, Chuck!

Yes Sir you got that right! But it sure taste GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum