Texas Fishing Forum

Some HEAVY RAIN is on the way!

Posted By: Laker One

Some HEAVY RAIN is on the way! - 03/06/16 08:25 PM

Looks like we maybe in for some very heavy rain this up coming week. Forecast is saying 3 to 5 inches in the San Antonio area. Some places may see more. Love the rain. We need it. I just do not want to see any major flooding. I just now am getting some pretty good brush piles marked.

Side Note: You all stay safe and dry!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Some HEAVY RAIN is on the way! - 03/06/16 08:45 PM

Looked at the Accu Weather Forecast and there is a chance of rain Monday through Friday for the San Antonio area. juggle The total amount of rain fall for this period is predicted to be about 4 inches. hmmm Some places could get more. nuts Like you Curtis I love the rain but not the flooding. hammer Hope the brush piles stay put! thumb
Posted By: Smithaven

Re: Some HEAVY RAIN is on the way! - 03/07/16 04:08 AM

Joe Pool is just now getting down to conservation level. I hope we do not get as much rain as they are predicting. We lost the entire season last year due to flooding.

Re: Some HEAVY RAIN is on the way! - 03/07/16 04:48 AM

Originally Posted By: Smithaven
Joe Pool is just now getting down to conservation level. I hope we do not get as much rain as they are predicting. We lost the entire season last year due to flooding.

Yes Sir you are 100 percent right. The May flooding washed every brush pile I had marked away. Also the cold water that was let out of Canyon Lake as a result of the high lake level destroyed the Rio bite on all six river lakes. Sunfish patterns never did get established. Hopefully this will be just a super soaking without any major flooding.

Re: Some HEAVY RAIN is on the way! - 03/07/16 06:04 PM

Update Accu Weather rainfall prediction for San Antonio area from now till Friday. 3.49" with some areas getting 4 to 5". Looks like Tuesday and Wednesday are going to be the biggest rain days. Sunday and next week clear with temperatures in the eighties. coolio

Re: Some HEAVY RAIN is on the way! - 03/09/16 12:57 AM

Server storms will be in the San Antonio area starting around 10pm all the way until 3am. Forecasters are saying 3 plus inches of rain. Everyone stay dry and safe!

Re: Some HEAVY RAIN is on the way! - 03/09/16 02:42 PM

Picked up a little over 2 inches. Looking at the radar last night Austin all the way to Dallas got hammered. Also looked like Kerville,Junction,Boerne,and the Uvalde area got their share of rain also. hmmm
Posted By: Kent Meadows aka Team Hooligan

Re: Some HEAVY RAIN is on the way! - 03/09/16 03:08 PM

Chuck please let me know how this effects Dunlap as Im planning a trip your way next week....or perhaps not if it gets muddy

Re: Some HEAVY RAIN is on the way! - 03/09/16 04:26 PM

Got 2.25" in my gauge. Judging by what I saw on the radar we dodged a bullet. Looked like the major heavy stuff either went west or east of us.

Side Note: Any other rain totals anyone wants to share! Let us know.
Posted By: CopenhagenPete

Re: Some HEAVY RAIN is on the way! - 03/09/16 04:50 PM

3" here in Boerne. Has some serious thunder boomers around 10:45. Kids and dogs were freaking out! It's going to green up real quick around these parts!

Re: Some HEAVY RAIN is on the way! - 03/09/16 07:20 PM

Originally Posted By: Kent Meadows aka Team Hooligan
Chuck please let me know how this effects Dunlap as Im planning a trip your way next week....or perhaps not if it gets muddy

Kent: You should be fine next week! We dodged a big bullet. Most of the heavy rain went to the east and west of us! If we would have gotten that rain it would be a long time for the river lakes to settle down. As for what we got this go around it is going to help out the area lakes a lot along with the creeks and ponds. thumb
Posted By: drrouter

Re: Some HEAVY RAIN is on the way! - 03/09/16 11:13 PM

1.6 inches in N/E San Antonio.

Re: Some HEAVY RAIN is on the way! - 03/10/16 01:06 PM

Picked up another half inch yesterday. 2.50" Total so far. thumb
Posted By: Smithaven

Re: Some HEAVY RAIN is on the way! - 03/10/16 01:22 PM

My gage shows 1.32 inches and more forecast. My weekly trip was stormed out. There was heavy rain and lighting yesterday. Joe Pool is up 2.5 feet and still rising.

Re: Some HEAVY RAIN is on the way! - 03/10/16 08:29 PM

as of today I have received 3.25" inches which all went to the lower Colorado...I agree that this rain could have really hurt most of our bass spawn and all of the carp/ whites/crappie etc... WHEW! Now if Mr. Smith can get through it w/o the metroplex turning into a high muddy complex we will all be good....thanx for the report Chuck...Jake and I will be heading down your way next week with our fly gear...Guads and Redbreast hopefully

Re: Some HEAVY RAIN is on the way! - 03/10/16 08:41 PM

Dunlap,Guadalupe River Update: Kent: Spoke with a very good friend of mine who lives on Dunlap. She says the lake is a muddy mess and that she got about 2" of rain since last Tuesday. She stated it really rained hard there this morning. It usually takes four to six days for the water to clear up. Check back with me the day before you head this way and I can give you a current report. coolio

Re: Some HEAVY RAIN is on the way! - 03/11/16 08:50 PM

2.75" Northeast area of San Antonio is what I got on my patio gauge. Checked Mcqueeney and Dunlap and they are muddy with lots of debris in the water! Looks like it will take several days for the water to clear up. Did not check Placid or any thing east of there.

Re: Some HEAVY RAIN is on the way! - 03/12/16 03:00 AM

Thanks so much ya'll....We knew it would be dicey...im looking at 4.25"s since it all started...Llano river is full flood this afternoon...which equates to adverse conditions here by next week...well its a good time to tie flies lol

Re: Some HEAVY RAIN is on the way! - 03/14/16 03:33 PM

went yesterday afternoon to I-35 Ramp at Dunlap. Water is very clear, however extremely fast. Current would not allow for any lite tackle fishing, parking lot full of recreation boaters and counted appx dozen kayakers enjoying the fast paced current....so it begins anew, strong Canyon Lake releases...what we did not need right now.

Re: Some HEAVY RAIN is on the way! - 03/14/16 08:28 PM

Originally Posted By: Kent Meadows aka Team Hooligan
went yesterday afternoon to I-35 Ramp at Dunlap. Water is very clear, however extremely fast. Current would not allow for any lite tackle fishing, parking lot full of recreation boaters and counted appx dozen kayakers enjoying the fast paced current....so it begins anew, strong Canyon Lake releases...what we did not need right now.

Fished Dunlap today and it was not that bad. Only one recreational boat is what we saw from 10:30am till 1pm. Caught some nice Bluegill and Crappie. Will post a report! Water was clear to stained with a fast current. thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Some HEAVY RAIN is on the way! - 03/17/16 01:34 PM

Dallas area is getting severe storms right now! Forecast is saying 1 to 2 inches of rain late tonight through Saturday morning. Stay safe out there.

Side Note: Got just over 2" this past week!
Posted By: fiSherwood

Re: Some HEAVY RAIN is on the way! - 03/18/16 01:39 PM

It was very spotty in DFW.
Barely a sprinkle in some spots; inches of hail in parts of Ft Worth...
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum