Texas Fishing Forum

BPS Micro Lite Gtaphite Series

Posted By: jagg

BPS Micro Lite Gtaphite Series - 03/04/16 09:23 AM

Most of you guys know that I have been a big proponent of this series in it's previous incarnation. I believe they revamped the series in Spring of 2015. I was unaware because my BPS still had the ones I'm familiar with. They even still have some on clearance, I believe. If you can get some of the old ones (brown blank; brass & cork reel seat), I would highly recommend it. These new models though, I can't speak for. I have never fished with them. Never even handled them yet. They have a lot of the same lengths, actions and powers of the old series but are made with REACTECH blanks, stainless guides and graphite/stainless reel seats. I have not handled this type of blank on any rod that I'm aware of so can't really speak for it. I really like the previous generation's handle and reel seat. It was a cross between a traditional reel seat and a Tennessee reel seat. And the cork was fat which really fit in your hand well, but still transmitted plenty of feel into your hand.

Just wanted to bring this to yall's attention seeing that I had recommended this series in the past, especially in the past year or so. I know the previous gen was a classic; I still say get one of those if you can and if you fish a lot of feel presentations. But, I can't say if this gen is good or bad yet.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: BPS Micro Lite Gtaphite Series - 03/04/16 01:37 PM

Right now Bass Pro has the Brawler Spinning rod/reel combos on sale for about $25.00. Several friends of mine have them and love them. Also know anglers who have the Micro Lite series combos who love em. Very reassembly priced and a good value for the buck. thumb
Posted By: JigandJeep

Re: BPS Micro Lite Gtaphite Series - 03/05/16 04:41 PM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Right now Bass Pro has the Brawler Spinning rod/reel combos on sale for about $25.00. Several friends of mine have them and love them. Also know anglers who have the Micro Lite series combos who love em. Very reassembly priced and a good value for the buck. thumb
I have a brawler combo that I use for catfishing. The reel is smooth and the rod does the job. Great value combo in my opinion. Thanks for the heads up on the sale, I'll probably pick another up.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum