Texas Fishing Forum

Limit on Live Oak Lake!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Limit on Live Oak Lake! - 02/13/16 01:44 PM

Winter time fishing is in full swing. Rainbow Trout,Crappie,Bass,and White Bass are being caught in super good numbers. Sunfish have been hit and miss this winter with more misses than hits. Went to Live Oak Lake yesterday morning for the trout stocking and took home five nice Rainbow Trout. Parks&Wildlife truck arrived right at 9am. There were not that many anglers. Caught 15 nice Rainbows and kept five for the frying pan. Fish were caught on the Super Duper Lure gold in color and the Berkley Trout Bait-Cheese colored. Ran into Robert aka the Dafanman who also hammered out a limit and helped out an angler who was having trouble catching catching the trout. Also met another angler who's name is Robert who was nailing em every cast. He was using an artificial wax worm made by Gulp. A great morning of Rainbow Trout fishing on Live Oak Lake and meeting some super anglers. It just don't get any better. fish

Posted By: Bob9

Re: Limit on Live Oak Lake! - 02/13/16 11:27 PM

Nice catching, Chuck!

Bob
grin
Posted By: dafanman

Re: Limit on Live Oak Lake! - 02/14/16 12:03 AM

Hey Chuck,

It was good to see and fish with you again, I had a good time catching those trout, probably been 25 years since I last fished for them.

Those you kept look like they will make for a nice dinner food

As for helping the other angler, if we are not helping each other when we can, what are we doing?

It was my pleasure cheers
Posted By: thomas_z71

Re: Limit on Live Oak Lake! - 02/14/16 03:26 AM

can I ask how you guys cook these? I attempted to clean a few my son caught today, and it was aggravating to say the least. I appreciate any hints you can give me! Thanks! Thomas

Re: Limit on Live Oak Lake! - 02/14/16 07:22 AM

Originally Posted By: thomas_z71
can I ask how you guys cook these? I attempted to clean a few my son caught today, and it was aggravating to say the least. I appreciate any hints you can give me! Thanks! Thomas

Thanks Bob,Robert,and thomas_z71 for the replies. cheersRobert: Helping other anglers/people out is what it is all about. I totally agree with you! rockon thomas_z71: Trout are the easiest fish to clean. coolio Gut them,and cut the heads off. Make sure you rinse the cavity out super good and make sure that the upper vane line is removed. hmmm You can usually run your thumb over the vane to force it out. eeks As for cooking em I love em fried. Roll them in regular yellow mustard,then roll them in your favorite fish fry. I use Louisianan Fish Fry-Crispy. You can use Wesson vegetable cooking oil,Peanut Oil,or Crisco to fry them in.Fry them until golden brown. I love mine very well done and usually fry em a little longer. They turn out super GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD. food

Side Note: There are several you tube videos on cleaning Rainbow Trout that you can watch and learn from. thumb

Here are some Rainbows that I fried up recently! partyon

Posted By: Hunter498

Re: Limit on Live Oak Lake! - 02/14/16 11:33 AM

Yum Yum!!

Re: Limit on Live Oak Lake! - 02/14/16 12:29 PM

Thanks! So do you pick the meat out with a fork or do you eat the whole piece skin and all? I guess since so small those rib bones aren't an issue? This looks like a dad only meal lol as I'm not sure my wife and kids would touch it.

Re: Limit on Live Oak Lake! - 02/14/16 02:57 PM

Thanks Hunter for the reply. cheers Yes Sir those Trout are mighty fine. food Thomas_z71: I pick the meat away from the bones and skin. It pulls away very easily. You can also pull out the back bone and the meat for the most part breaks away from the bones and skin. I do know people who love the skin. I personally do not. You also need to watch for the bones while eating fish.If you eat fish that have been filleted there are very few to no bones at all to worry about. Rainbow Trout are on the high end of the scale for good eating fish. thumb

Re: Limit on Live Oak Lake! - 02/14/16 03:34 PM

Thanks a ton! I guess I could fry some up and see if I can pull the meat off before my wife and son see it smile.

Re: Limit on Live Oak Lake! - 02/20/16 01:53 PM

Some people just do not like fish. hammer No matter how you cook them or prepare them they still will not eat them. taz As for me they are simply GREAT! food
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Limit on Live Oak Lake! - 03/01/16 01:23 PM

Nice fish guys. Always great when you see fellow friends and TFF'ers out fishing.

Side Note: I heard that Live Oak Lake is allowing small non motor craft on the lake now. What are your feelings about this?
Posted By: 1Tacklehoarder

Re: Limit on Live Oak Lake! - 03/01/16 10:15 PM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Some people just do not like fish. hammer No matter how you cook them or prepare them they still will not eat them. taz As for me they are simply GREAT! food

Agreed! I would rather eat fish than anything.........so long as it's cooked right!

Re: Limit on Live Oak Lake! - 03/10/16 01:04 PM

Thanks 1Tacklehoarder and Gitter for the replies. cheers Gitter: Yes sir the City of Live Oak is allowing small non motor craft onto their lake.Give it a couple of years and that lake just like Converse North Lake will be fished out! Just my two cents. 2cents
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Limit on Live Oak Lake! - 03/17/16 01:05 PM

I agree. My two cents I do not think floating craft have any place in a community pond or lake! They get fished pretty hard as it is. Anglers in boats will just add to the fishing pressure! Again just my opinion.

Re: Limit on Live Oak Lake! - 03/21/16 11:32 AM

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done
I agree. My two cents I do not think floating craft have any place in a community pond or lake! They get fished pretty hard as it is. Anglers in boats will just add to the fishing pressure! Again just my opinion.

soap Totally Agree!
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Limit on Live Oak Lake! - 03/22/16 02:38 PM

Super post Chuck. Love that trout action. Can't wait until next year! woot

Side Note: I totally agree on what has been said about the water craft on community ponds. In another couple of years you will not be able to catch a five plus pound fish out of that lake. Just my two cents. Wonder what made the city of Live Oak open the lake up for water craft fishing? Would be curious to know?

Re: Limit on Live Oak Lake! - 03/28/16 12:48 PM

Thanks Curtis for the reply! cheers Your guess is as good as mine as why they did what they did. Only time will tell. hmmm

Side Note: You going to give it a try? noidea
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum