Texas Fishing Forum

Finely A descent Day on Dunlap!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Finely A descent Day on Dunlap! - 01/19/16 09:34 PM

Finely We had a descent day on Lake Dunlap. Myself and Mike(USMC-GY) started at Canyon Lake and fished there from 7:30 A. M. till 10am. We caught several small Crappie,a few Bluegill,and plenty of small bass. Fish were caught in 15 to 20 feet of water using jigs,minnows,and worms (both artificial and live). We then finished the day on Lake Dunlap and fished form 11am to 2pm. We caught some very nice Bass and some very nice Bluegill including one nine inch Redbreast.A couple of eight inch Redear rounded out the catch. Fish were holding close to docks in 8 to 10 feet of water. Minnows,worms,and wax worms were used. Float and bottom techniques were both used. All fish were released to fight again. Having a good winter day of fishing. It just don't get any better. fish

Posted By: Let's go

Re: Finely A descent Day on Dunlap! - 01/20/16 01:36 AM

Nice color thumb

Re: Finely A descent Day on Dunlap! - 01/20/16 12:13 PM

Thanks Let's go for the reply. Yes Sir a couple of the Bluegill were showing off their spring colors. This has been a very mild winter so far. San Antonio has had no official freeze yet! cheers
Posted By: Bob9

Re: Finely A descent Day on Dunlap! - 01/20/16 03:29 PM

Deep freeze is not bothering your area, Chuck. Nice catching!

Bob
grin
Posted By: Smithaven

Re: Finely A descent Day on Dunlap! - 01/20/16 07:40 PM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Thanks Let's go for the reply. Yes Sir a couple of the Bluegill were showing off their spring colors. This has been a very mild winter so far. San Antonio has had no official freeze yet! cheers

It is nice to see that your area is still enjoying good fishing conditions Chuck. At Joe Pool Lake this morning it was 32 degrees with a cold north wind. The water was stained. I caught one crappie. The sunfish were hiding someplace warm. You caught a nice assortment of fish. I still hope to come down to your area some day.

Re: Finely A descent Day on Dunlap! - 01/21/16 01:13 PM

Thanks Bob and Smithaven for the replies. cheers Smithaven: Call me anytime when ever you are ready! thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Finely A descent Day on Dunlap! - 01/22/16 11:54 PM

Finally a Bluegill Post. Great fishing guys. Are you taking advantage of the warm spells? I cant keep track off all the cold fronts that have been coming through. This has been one very mild winter. Have you fished any of the other river lakes?

Re: Finely A descent Day on Dunlap! - 01/28/16 06:11 AM

Thanks Gitter for the reply! cheers Fished both Mcqueeney and Placid. Caught some small sunnies and that was it! nuts Dunlap has picked up just a little as far as the sunfish go. coolio Usually will start fishing the river lakes more during the Crappie Spawn(early spring)and all throughout the summer and fall! breakdance Placid,Mcqueeney,and Dunlap are very hard to fish during the summer months. eeks Lots of Ski and Wake Boat traffic. bang

Wood and Meadow Lakes are super year around! hooked
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Finely A descent Day on Dunlap! - 02/02/16 12:54 PM

Thanks Chuck for the information! Do not see many reports throughout the forum about Wood and Meadow lakes.
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: Finely A descent Day on Dunlap! - 02/02/16 12:56 PM

Looks like you did well my friend....nice looking photos...
Glad it was a good trip. Always fun 'catching' .....
God Bless

Re: Finely A descent Day on Dunlap! - 02/09/16 10:16 AM

Thanks Lee for the reply! cheers Love chasing those Gills! hooked

Image Shack Problems! These are some of the missing photos. nuts

Posted By: Laker One

Re: Finely A descent Day on Dunlap! - 02/11/16 07:50 PM

Glad you all found some winter sunnies. Good job. woot Sunfish bite has been super slow on Mcqueeney. hmmm

Side Note: Where are the pictures?

Re: Finely A descent Day on Dunlap! - 02/12/16 11:37 AM

Problem with Image Shack Again Curtis. Posted pictures again above. hammer

Side Note. Thanks for the reply. Sunfish have been very hard to find this winter.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Finely A descent Day on Dunlap! - 02/19/16 07:39 PM

Saw the pictures. Looks like your image shack is back on track. Nice sunnies. woot

Re: Finely A descent Day on Dunlap! - 02/27/16 10:17 AM

Thanks Curtis! coolio Image Shack usually has a problem about once every two years! nuts Hopefully No more. hmmm
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum