Texas Fishing Forum

Cedar Creek Lake

Posted By: deucer02

Cedar Creek Lake - 12/12/15 02:21 AM

Anyone ever catch any bream, perch, Bluegill, or other sunfish out of Cedar Creek lake? I've caught just about everything but them.
Posted By: MBDLAW

Re: Cedar Creek Lake - 12/15/15 12:32 AM

funny you mentioned this...been a point of contention with me... catch tiny ones off my dock on earthworms only...caught only one "decent" sized one on a rapala jerk bait - not sure why there aren't many good sized ones on cedar creek
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Cedar Creek Lake - 12/15/15 11:14 AM

Never fished Cedar Creek Lake. There are Bluegill somewhere in there. I would start fishing the patterns. Winter patterns will be setting in soon and they will not be as active. Spring,Summer,and Fall the Sunfish will be active. Fish by structure such as docks,trees,brush piles,rocks,and bridges. Night Crawlers work best. thumb
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: Cedar Creek Lake - 12/15/15 03:43 PM

I bet $ you could find a few on deeper brushpiles!

Ever tried crickets on Cedar Creek??
Posted By: deucer02

Re: Cedar Creek Lake - 01/08/16 05:46 PM

Originally Posted By: Action_Jackson
I bet $ you could find a few on deeper brushpiles!

Ever tried crickets on Cedar Creek??

Probably a good idea!
Posted By: JigandJeep

Re: Cedar Creek Lake - 01/09/16 01:48 AM

From late spring through fall on Cedar Creek, you could catch all you want under the bridges. Like I said on an earlier post, you'd probably throw back 7 out of 10, but there are some nice sunfish hanging around, and they're really aggressive. Knock one of those spiders that are all over the underside of the bridges into the water and see how long it lasts!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum