Texas Fishing Forum

Here we go again

Posted By: Smithaven

Here we go again - 11/28/15 12:12 PM

violin

Here we go again.

Joe Pool Lake is up 6.18 feet and the COE is not releasing water due to Trinity flooding. My gage shows 4.67 inches for the storm total thus far, with more forecast. Lynn Creek Marina begins to receive damage to the facility when the water is over 4 feet high.

Hurst Chisholm is a muddy mess.

It looks as if fishing will be out for the next few weeks.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Here we go again - 11/28/15 12:19 PM

We skated down here and did not get flooded! eeks I got just under a half inch the past two days. I was watching the radar and it looked like the Dallas Area really got hammered. taz You guys up there stay safe and dry! thumb

Side Note: According to the winter forecast it is going to be a COLD/WET winter! nuts
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: Here we go again - 11/28/15 12:22 PM

ah, well could have been MUCH worse...but Lord (please) we have enough rain (for now??)
Cold, yes sir but that too could have been much worse. At least we didn't have ice and a freeze.
God Bless
Lee
Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
We skated down here and did not get flooded! eeks I got just under a half inch the past two days. I was watching the radar and it looked like the Dallas Area really got hammered. taz You guys up there stay safe and dry! thumb

Side Note: According to the winter forecast it is going to be a COLD/WET winter! nuts
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Here we go again - 11/28/15 06:27 PM

Dallas did get hammered

Ill take August weather over this junk.
Posted By: charlief1

Re: Here we go again - 11/28/15 07:52 PM

We had 3" as of 6:45 this morning and it hasn't stopped like they said it would. Aquilla and Whitney will be closed for a while now. frown Our pond is over flowing and I need to go check to see if the fence is getting clogged with debris so it doesn't create a second pond. mad

Re: Here we go again - 11/28/15 11:40 PM

Drove down to Aquilla creek tributary for the reservoir to check the bridge out. It's impassible right now. The water normally is about 10 feet below the bridge but the water went around it so it's gonna be bad. I bet the fish are having a ball right now.

Re: Here we go again - 11/29/15 01:27 AM

Update! Checked my gauge this morning and it was three quarters of an inch. thumb
Posted By: Smithaven

Re: Here we go again - 11/29/15 03:13 AM

My gage says 4.92 and we got one of the smaller amounts. Some got 10 inches or more. Joe Pool is up 7.5 feet. Weatherford is out of its banks, as are most of the other area lakes. All in all it is another disaster.

Re: Here we go again - 11/29/15 11:15 AM

Saw the news this morning and some of the Dallas Metro Plex got over 8 inches. Ft.Worth areas got between 6 to 8 inches and some areas even a little over 10. It has been one very WET year in the Texas. nuts
Posted By: Lee in Texas

Re: Here we go again - 11/29/15 11:21 AM

They are saying a record. Man, sure doesn't seem so. So much of the year, too much rain and then a lot of the year with absolutely NO rain ??
Only in Texas..... roflmao
God Bless
Lee
Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Saw the news this morning and some of the Dallas Metro Plex got over 8 inches. Ft.Worth areas got between 6 to 8 inches and some areas even a little over 10. It has been one very WET year in the Texas. nuts

Re: Here we go again - 11/29/15 09:20 PM

At 11 this morning we had a total of 5.25" in hillsnowhere but I'm sure the news will report less than that. I've spent the last 2 hours digging and clearing drainage ditches to things will dry a little faster. One spot had a foot or more of water so I had to dig about 10' of ditch to drain it off.
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Here we go again - 11/29/15 10:07 PM

Could you guys pump some of that down to Lake Travis? We could use about 8 feet or so to get us right.
Posted By: armadilla

Re: Here we go again - 11/30/15 12:35 PM

Originally Posted By: Bob Landry
Could you guys pump some of that down to Lake Travis? We could use about 8 feet or so to get us right.

Be careful what you wish for.......
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Here we go again - 12/01/15 12:47 PM

Looks like a long dry spell is coming up! Ten day forecast shows little to no rain. Temperatures will warm up in the sixties.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Here we go again - 12/03/15 01:04 PM

Winter forecast is cold and wet!
Posted By: Perchy Perch

Re: Here we go again - 12/04/15 03:21 AM

Is the barge closed? FB says that Oasis and the Marina is still open, but not sure about the barge.

If no responses, I'll check it out tomorrow AM since I'm fairly close.

Re: Here we go again - 12/04/15 01:20 PM

It's open

Re: Here we go again - 12/04/15 07:51 PM

For those of you who frequent the barge, here are some pics. As of today, it is open but the lake is still slowly rising. Visibility was better than expected - a little over a foot. Caught 9 crappie and two finglerling bass. I did see what appeared to be gills hanging out in the corner of the well.

Re: Here we go again - 12/04/15 08:56 PM

Super update John. Thanks for posting! You guys really got hammered the other week! eeks
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum