Texas Fishing Forum

A Good Day Fishing Canyon Lake!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

A Good Day Fishing Canyon Lake! - 09/09/15 03:14 PM

Myself and Mike "USMC-GY" fished Canyon Lake the other day and the bite was good. We caught several nice Bluegill,Redear,and a bunch of small Greens. Several bass and a few Redbreast rounded out the catch. All fish were caught on worms,and Gulp Alive products using both float and bottom methods. The Bluegill were located on drop offs in 8 to 10 feet of water. All the other fish were inside coves next to sunken timber in 8 to 10 feet of water. All fish were released to fight again. After a morning of fishing we had a GREAT brunch at the Old Sattler Baking Company located in beautiful down town Sattler Texas. Fishing the Hill Country and catching some gills. It just don't get any better. fish

Posted By: Bob9

Re: A Good Day Fishing Canyon Lake! - 09/09/15 06:19 PM

Great catching, Chuck & Mike! Weatherman said Paris has had 3 inches of rain today.

Bob
clap clap clap banana banana flehan flehan

Re: A Good Day Fishing Canyon Lake! - 09/09/15 07:25 PM

Thanks Bob for the reply. cheers Glad you got some rain. clap We can use it down here! Would love to get 2 to 3 inches of the wet stuff! banana(Rain Dance).
Posted By: Baffinboy

Re: A Good Day Fishing Canyon Lake! - 09/09/15 10:10 PM

Good job as always. We're yall on the military only shoreline or somewhere with public access ?

Re: A Good Day Fishing Canyon Lake! - 09/09/15 10:31 PM

Originally Posted By: Baffinboy
Good job as always. We're yall on the military only shoreline or somewhere with public access ?

Thanks "Baffinboy" for the reply. cheers We were at Turkey Cove which is public fishing. Lots of good bank space and the drop offs are easy casting distance. thumb
Posted By: Peytonator

Re: A Good Day Fishing Canyon Lake! - 09/09/15 11:28 PM

Way to go guys, livin' right!

Re: A Good Day Fishing Canyon Lake! - 09/09/15 11:40 PM

Is there a park at Turkey Cove? All I can find on the Google is Turkey Cove Lodge.

Re: A Good Day Fishing Canyon Lake! - 09/09/15 11:56 PM

Thanks Peyton for the reply! cheers Love that lake. coolio "Baffinboy": That would be it. The bank area around the lodge is public. There is also a public boat launch there along with a small dock. thumb

Re: A Good Day Fishing Canyon Lake! - 09/10/15 12:01 AM

Do you pay a day fee to Turkey Cove Lodge? Or just show up and fish

Re: A Good Day Fishing Canyon Lake! - 09/10/15 12:04 AM

No it's totally free! thumb
Posted By: Hunter498

Re: A Good Day Fishing Canyon Lake! - 09/10/15 09:27 AM

Nice Catches!!

Re: A Good Day Fishing Canyon Lake! - 09/15/15 09:56 PM

Thanks "Hunter498" for the reply! cheers Canyon is a pretty good place to fish. thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: A Good Day Fishing Canyon Lake! - 09/16/15 08:10 PM

Looks like you guys had a good day on Canyon! When was the last time you fished up river?

Re: A Good Day Fishing Canyon Lake! - 09/22/15 11:47 AM

Thanks "Gitter" for the reply. I have not hit the upper river this year. Friends of mine who have fished it have done pretty good on the Crappie. thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: A Good Day Fishing Canyon Lake! - 09/23/15 01:22 PM

Looks like a great day of fishing. Nice job guys. The last time I fished Canyon was in Mid July. Did not do all that good. That lake can be very difficult at times.

Re: A Good Day Fishing Canyon Lake! - 09/28/15 09:28 PM

Thanks Curtis for the reply. cheers Yes Sir you got that right Canyon can be very difficult just like Placid. Especially during the winter time! bang
Posted By: TuN3R

Re: A Good Day Fishing Canyon Lake! - 09/29/15 03:25 PM

Looks like good times . Hopefully i can catch some of those good redears off canyon lake this winter while waiting for big blues to show up . Last few weekends bluegills been easy specially early in the morning before sun comes up they are all over the bank .

Re: A Good Day Fishing Canyon Lake! - 09/30/15 05:56 PM

Thanks "Tun3R" for the reply. cheers Yes Sir the Bluegill bite has been awesome all year long on just about every water body I fished. coolio Fall should be very good. hooked
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: A Good Day Fishing Canyon Lake! - 10/01/15 11:58 AM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Thanks "Gitter" for the reply. I have not hit the upper river this year. Friends of mine who have fished it have done pretty good on the Crappie. thumb

Thanks for the report. I also had heard that a few nice White Bass have been caught also!

Re: A Good Day Fishing Canyon Lake! - 10/02/15 05:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done
Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing

Thanks for the report. I also had heard that a few nice White Bass have been caught also!

thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum