Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing the Frio River!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Fishing the Frio River! - 09/03/15 08:03 PM

Fished the Frio River at Garner State Park the other day and the bite was good. Caught several Bluegill,Redbreast,Longear,a couple of Greens,several small bass, and two Rios rounded out the catch. Most of the Sunfish were in the 6 to 8 inch range.Longear were in the 4 to 5 inch range. Both Rios were in the 7 to 8 inch range. Fished from 9am till 2pm and caught about 40 fish. Fish were caught in deeper pockets of water 5 to 6 feet deep and were hanging around the bases of trees that were next to the bank. Several were caught at the ends of currents.All fish were released to fight again. Worms were used with both bottom and float techniques. The water was crystal clear in most places and clear in others. Fishing in the beautiful hill country. It just don't get any better! fish

Posted By: Leever

Re: Fishing the Frio River! - 09/03/15 08:39 PM

thumb

Re: Fishing the Frio River! - 09/03/15 08:53 PM

Thanks "Leever" for the reply! cheers
Posted By: dafanman

Re: Fishing the Frio River! - 09/03/15 09:30 PM

flehan clap flehan
Posted By: Bob9

Re: Fishing the Frio River! - 09/03/15 09:42 PM

Beautiful water. Slaying them again, Chuck.

Bob
banana cheers flehan

Re: Fishing the Frio River! - 09/03/15 10:24 PM

Thanks Robert and Bob for the replies.thumb Bob: How has the fishing been in your neck of the woods? Have you gotten out? noidea
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Fishing the Frio River! - 09/04/15 01:46 AM

Very nice Chuck, Frio looks like a great place to spend some time.

Side bar- May be down South in 2 weekends, be fun to meet up with you guys.

Re: Fishing the Frio River! - 09/04/15 06:29 AM

Thanks Andrew for the reply. cheers Yes Sir give me a call if you make in. Will have a great dinner,tell some fishing stories and depending how much time you have we may just fish a place or two. coolio
Posted By: Hunter498

Re: Fishing the Frio River! - 09/04/15 10:07 AM

Great scenery and good looking fish, congratz!!
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Fishing the Frio River! - 09/04/15 03:18 PM

Love the scenery pictures, as always. Our own personal TFF Hill Country Fishing hole photographer banana
Posted By: Bob9

Re: Fishing the Frio River! - 09/05/15 05:31 PM

Too much heat around here to fish, Chuck. Supposed to be in the 80's with rain at the end of the week. Weather for fishing is looking better.

Bob
thumb
Posted By: Peytonator

Re: Fishing the Frio River! - 09/05/15 06:55 PM

Nice going Chuck! I love the Frio River. Could definitely get use to living out in that area.

Re: Fishing the Frio River! - 09/11/15 10:34 PM

Thanks "Hunter498,Jamie,Bob,and Peyton for the replies. cheers The Sabinal Valley has some crystal clear rivers to fish. The Sabinal,Frio,and Nueces Rivers are all close by. coolio All have super clear water and some great scenery. fish
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Fishing the Frio River! - 09/16/15 08:08 PM

Solid post and some nice fish. Good job Chuck.

Side Note: How was the park? Was the up keep good? How busy were they and how are the falls and winter there at the park?

Re: Fishing the Frio River! - 09/21/15 12:10 PM

Thanks "Gitter for the reply. cheers The park was very clean. Not that busy. According to the park employees it will be pretty quite until next Memorial Day. coolio
Posted By: South Tex Fish

Re: Fishing the Frio River! - 09/21/15 03:24 PM

There are some big Rios that call Garner home. Goggles and a snorkel are always in the bag when I head that way. There are also some good crossings to wade up river. My favorite is the one that crosses the road from Leakey to Rio Frio.
Posted By: lukedawg40

Re: Fishing the Frio River! - 09/21/15 07:43 PM

I love that part of Texas

Re: Fishing the Frio River! - 09/26/15 11:30 AM

Thanks "South Tex Fish" and "lukedawg40" for the replies. cheers "South Tex Fish": Thanks for the PM information! coolio

NOTE: IMAGE SHACK PROBLEMS! THEIR SERVER CRASHED. Photos were removed from post as a result! hammer

Reposted photos from Photo Bucket!

Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Fishing the Frio River! - 10/01/15 12:06 PM

Thank Chuck for the information. I have heard from friends of mine that have stayed at Garner that it was very well kept up.

Side Note: Glad that you did not loose any of your pictures. To bad that your forum photo server had cashed. Image Shack is really taking a beating on the some of the social sites. Seems a lot of people were using them.

Re: Fishing the Frio River! - 10/03/15 01:03 PM

Thanks Gitter! Image Shack came back up. Got all pictures back on forum. clap
Posted By: Pop1655

Re: Fishing the Frio River! - 10/03/15 01:44 PM

beautiful!

Re: Fishing the Frio River! - 10/09/15 12:09 PM

Thanks Mark for the reply! cheers Love that river fishing. thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Fishing the Frio River! - 10/11/15 09:31 PM

Great pictures and some nice fish. Good job Chuck.

Side Note: Which river would be the best to Kayak? The Frio or the Nueces?

Re: Fishing the Frio River! - 10/19/15 11:03 AM

Thanks Curtis for the reply. cheers I would say the Frio. Seems that there are more camps and take out spots on that river. I think there is even a kayak trail for the Frio but don't know for sure. noidea

Side Note: I would do some research on both rivers and then plan my kayak trip! coolio
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Fishing the Frio River! - 10/20/15 04:49 PM

Thanks Chuck for the info. Planning a Kayak trip on the Frio this upcoming Spring. woot

Re: Fishing the Frio River! - 10/25/15 11:23 AM

Should be a nice trip if the weather predictions for winter are right! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum