Texas Fishing Forum

Medina River Question

Posted By: Baffinboy

Medina River Question - 08/27/15 10:24 PM

Anyone ever fished the Medina River in Bandera where it's damned up ? I live on the far west side of San Antonio and was think of trying that.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Medina River Question - 08/27/15 11:16 PM

I have not fished the Medina yet this year. I have driven by the river just outside Bandera and it looks pretty good with some good current. thumb

Re: Medina River Question - 08/27/15 11:55 PM

Yeah the spring/early summer rains did well for it I'm sure. I was thinking it might be good bc it has good access. I wanna fish Dunlap like you Banker but from what I read on line there really is no bank access.
Posted By: wgpj

Re: Medina River Question - 08/28/15 12:24 AM

You read right, except for the 35 ramp and nearby Faust street bridge . Otherwise, you need to know someone who will let you fish from their property.

Re: Medina River Question - 08/28/15 01:01 AM

Originally Posted By: wgpj
You read right, except for the 35 ramp and nearby Faust street bridge . Otherwise, you need to know someone who will let you fish from their property.

Could not have side it any better! I am very lucky to have friends who own docks on all three major River Lakes. coolio

Re: Medina River Question - 08/28/15 02:50 AM

Well I guess I'll be forced to get a little boat ! I'll tell my wife I have no other options.

Re: Medina River Question - 08/28/15 03:38 AM

Originally Posted By: Baffinboy
Well I guess I'll be forced to get a little boat ! I'll tell my wife I have no other options.

That will solve all your problems! Dunlap as well as the rest of the river lakes are some GREAT sunfish fisheries. Being confined to a few docks has some disadvantages however I am lucky that they all hold fish just about year around. coolio
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Medina River Question - 09/01/15 01:42 PM

I have fished a park in Castroville where the Medina River runs through the back side of it. I have always done pretty good there during the summer during the week days. Every now and then there would be swimmers there especially on the weekends. Lots of nice Bluegill and Redbreast. Even caught a couple of trophy Rios. Fished it two weeks ago. As for the Bandera area I have not fished there.

Re: Medina River Question - 09/03/15 02:03 AM

I fished the Castroville Regional Park a few months ago and caught some small bluegill. The bank was really steep, seemed hard to fish. And yes I like the little banditos swimming by the no swimming sign !
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum