November-December

Posted By: trapperben

November-December - 08/24/15 01:13 AM

How is the fishing November-December for Bluegill etc in the
Hill Country? I may be in the Bandera area and might try to
work some in.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: November-December - 08/24/15 05:36 AM

Depending what type of late fall early winter we will be having will play a very important part on the type of bite. If we have a mild early winter late fall fishing should be pretty good. If we get several good cold fronts and the temperatures are on the cool side the bite will slow down especially on the creeks and small ponds. During the winter months I catch most of my Gills in 17 to 21 feet of water holding close to brush piles and ledges. During warm spells you can catch em in 10 to 15 feet of water by drop offs and brush piles. thumb
Posted By: jeffnsa

Re: November-December - 08/24/15 02:50 PM

On warm days I would do good in creeks as long as a decent current was running. Fish just off the edge of the current for good results in shallow water.

Re: November-December - 08/25/15 01:35 AM

Thanks Banker and Jeff for the replies.

Re: November-December - 08/25/15 01:40 AM

You can also keep an eye open for the trout stockings in your area. The Guadalupe gets stocked once a week below Canyon Lake starting in Mid November all the way through January. Great way to substitute the gills for awhile. coolio

Re: November-December - 08/25/15 05:46 PM

Thanks Banker. Looks like my trip is not panning out but I
may find another reason to that way. Having lived in Lubbock
for 20+ years I was kinda wanting to see what these creeks and
streams you fellows speak of are.

Re: November-December - 08/25/15 07:28 PM

You should do good in the fall. hmmm According to the long range weather forecast we are supposed to have a very wet fall and winter! As long as it does not get cold or flood fall should be a good one. noidea
Posted By: jagg

Re: November-December - 08/26/15 07:44 AM

In Winter I like to hit rivers creeks and streams. My most productive spots are the heads and tails of mid river islands. Mid river humps are also great. There's normally a sweet spot within a mile from the down stream side of any dam.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum