Texas Fishing Forum

Upper Cibolo Creek Fishing! Good bite!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Upper Cibolo Creek Fishing! Good bite! - 08/21/15 01:42 AM

Made two trips this past week to the Upper Cibolo Creek and the bite was good each trip. My first trip I fished by myself from 7:30am till 11:30am. Caught over 40 fish. Second trip was with Mike "USMC-GY" and we fished from 7:30am till 12:30pm and caught over 50 fish. Redbreast in the 8 to 9 inch range,Bluegill in the 6 to 8 inch range,a bunch of Hybrid Sunfish in the 7 to 8 inch range,several Rios in the 8 to 9 inch range and a couple of small bass rounded out the catch. Fish were caught in deeper pockets of water 3 to 6 feet deep and were holding close to the bank and by brush piles. Bottom techniques,drop shot techniques,and float techniques were all used. Worms and small jigs were the baits of choice. All fish were released to fight again. The creek is in good condition with good current and clear water. We finished the second trip with a stop at the McDonalds in Bulverde. Fishing the upper Cibolo Creek. It just don't get any better. fish

Posted By: jagg

Re: Upper Cibolo Creek Fishing! Good bite! - 08/21/15 05:28 AM

Very nice! thumb It's amazing how big those Redbreasts' mouths can be. They don't have a rep for having a big mouth, but the middle to larger ones have a pretty good size yap. hooked
Posted By: Hunter498

Re: Upper Cibolo Creek Fishing! Good bite! - 08/21/15 10:45 AM

Nice Fish!

Re: Upper Cibolo Creek Fishing! Good bite! - 08/21/15 12:21 PM

Thanks "Jagg" and Hunter498" for the replies. cheers The fish on the Cibolo are healthy,fat,and full of fight. thumb
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Upper Cibolo Creek Fishing! Good bite! - 08/21/15 01:00 PM

Another Hill Country gem. Thanks for taking us along. thumb

Re: Upper Cibolo Creek Fishing! Good bite! - 08/21/15 01:25 PM

Thanks Jamie for the reply. cheers Yes Sir love that hill country fishing! thumb
Posted By: Bob9

Re: Upper Cibolo Creek Fishing! Good bite! - 08/21/15 03:09 PM

Pretty water and nice fish, Chuck & Mike!

Bob
thumb
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Upper Cibolo Creek Fishing! Good bite! - 08/21/15 03:55 PM

Sounds like a ton of fun! I've kept Redbreast's and they do have huge mouths
Posted By: Lovfldx

Re: Upper Cibolo Creek Fishing! Good bite! - 08/22/15 12:05 AM

Banker, you fish in some of the prettiest spots in this here State! Oh how I miss my forays into the Hill Country and its scenic streams. I am so jealous!

Nice haul btw!

Rudy
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Upper Cibolo Creek Fishing! Good bite! - 08/22/15 06:03 PM

It's a wonderful sight to see those trees still have not been destroyed by flooding or development!

Re: Upper Cibolo Creek Fishing! Good bite! - 08/27/15 11:19 PM

Thanks Jim,Bob,Andrew,and Rudy for the replies. The Cibolo has some very beautiful scenery and it's not that far to travel to. Love that creek fishing. fish
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Upper Cibolo Creek Fishing! Good bite! - 09/04/15 05:30 AM

That creek amazes me. You have tall Cypress Trees up north and Black Jack Oaks south. Nice post and fish Chuck. You have caught many of fish off of that creek over the years.

Side Note: Any Crappie this year on the Cibolo? I know you and "USMC-GY" had caught a bunch a couple of years ago?

Re: Upper Cibolo Creek Fishing! Good bite! - 09/09/15 05:09 AM

Thanks "Gitter" for the reply! cheers Have not caught any Crappie on the Cibolo this year. Mike "USMC-GY" has not caught any this year but last year he caught a couple of nice ones on that Creek. thumb That Creek has em you just need to find em. hide2

Side Note: The Cibolo covers a large area. I have fished spots on that creek that run from Lavernia all the up to just north of Boerne. eeks Great place to fish. thumb
Posted By: etexbasser

Re: Upper Cibolo Creek Fishing! Good bite! - 09/09/15 09:48 PM

I enjoy your posts and pictures. Keep it up.

Re: Upper Cibolo Creek Fishing! Good bite! - 09/12/15 05:21 AM

Thanks "etexbasser" for the reply. cheers "etexbasser": Yes Sir will keep fishing and posting reports as long as the good Lord allows me! thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Upper Cibolo Creek Fishing! Good bite! - 09/16/15 08:02 PM

Thanks Chuck for the reply! Keep up the good fishing.

Re: Upper Cibolo Creek Fishing! Good bite! - 09/18/15 11:30 AM

thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Upper Cibolo Creek Fishing! Good bite! - 09/23/15 01:20 PM

Need to make it there before the winter sets in. Any reports from Boerne Lake?

Side Note: Great pictures and nice fish! Good job Chuck.

Re: Upper Cibolo Creek Fishing! Good bite! - 09/28/15 05:09 AM

Thanks Curtis for the reply. cheers Fred "Rionator" and Manny fished Boerne Lake last week and caught some nice Bluegill and Redbreast. thumb Fish were hanging very close to grass beds. Fred went back the next day and only caught some small Bass no Gills. Go figure! hmmm

Side Note: Lake is up and the water was cloudy! eeks

NOTE: IMAGE SHACK SERVER HAD CRASHED AND A AS A RESULT PHOTOS IN THE POST HAD BEEN REMOVED! bang
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Upper Cibolo Creek Fishing! Good bite! - 10/02/15 01:07 PM

Thanks Chuck for the update. Going to try to make it out there next week! Taking the kayak.

Re: Upper Cibolo Creek Fishing! Good bite! - 10/07/15 12:06 PM

Good luck Curtis. The creek bite is GOOOOOOOOOOOOOD right now! coolio
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum