Texas Fishing Forum

Any good Frio spots?

Posted By: Peytonator

Any good Frio spots? - 08/12/15 01:34 PM

Headed to the Frio tomorrow to spend the weekend there with some family. Will be staying in the Concan area. Any decent spots away from the tubers to catch some fish?
Posted By: Blues

Re: Any good Frio spots? - 08/12/15 02:16 PM

Frio post
We stay at Neal's lodge once a year and really enjoy ourselves.

I hit current breaks and back waters. I just stayed out of the way of the tubers and swimmers. The kids got in and fished, so swimmers don't bother the fish at all, but it's a pain fishing around lots of people.

You can try a low water crossing past neals next right. Looked good but we didn't fish it. I've done well at garner state park too, same deal fishing around people, but caught plenty.

Love that place, never want to leave.
Posted By: Peytonator

Re: Any good Frio spots? - 08/13/15 02:03 AM

I appreciate it man, I'll see what I can find. I'll post a report if I catch some.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Any good Frio spots? - 08/13/15 03:46 AM

Originally Posted By: Blues
Frio post
We stay at Neal's lodge once a year and really enjoy ourselves.

I hit current breaks and back waters. I just stayed out of the way of the tubers and swimmers. The kids got in and fished, so swimmers don't bother the fish at all, but it's a pain fishing around lots of people.

You can try a low water crossing past neals next right. Looked good but we didn't fish it. I've done well at garner state park too, same deal fishing around people, but caught plenty.

Love that place, never want to leave.

Good Stuff! coolio
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Any good Frio spots? - 08/13/15 04:23 PM

Garner State Park has plenty of bank space. Also great for kayaking. woot
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum