Texas Fishing Forum

Brought some home this morning

Posted By: SlowDown

Brought some home this morning - 08/06/15 08:36 PM

Brought some home this morning to fillet and put in the freezer for a few meals. Fished from 7:00 to 10:30. Was using a 1/32 oz jig and worms. caught fish from water surface to about three feet.

Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Brought some home this morning - 08/06/15 08:42 PM

Nice going, that will cook up great. And the middle left fish with bars is awesome. thumb
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Brought some home this morning - 08/06/15 08:55 PM

Nice Haul! Good job. thumb

Re: Brought some home this morning - 08/06/15 09:03 PM

THanks Fitz and Banker for the replies. Always fun to share pictures of fish.

Re: Brought some home this morning - 08/06/15 09:11 PM

Did you fish from your new tube?

Re: Brought some home this morning - 08/06/15 09:18 PM

Yes Banker. This was the first time I fished out of this tube. I got it from Academy, doesn't leak and worked fine. Very relaxing way to fish.

Re: Brought some home this morning - 08/06/15 09:26 PM

Looks like you dialed in on em pretty good. hooked Sounds like a great way to sneak up on some very nice Gills. Again SUPER HAUL! thumb

Re: Brought some home this morning - 08/06/15 09:27 PM

A tube doesn't seem to scare fish. This morning I caught a fish and threw the jig over the side of the tube to get it out of my way. While I was putting the fish on the stringer, another fish took the jig while it was hanging there and almost drug my rod out of my lap.
Posted By: highcountry

Re: Brought some home this morning - 08/07/15 12:46 AM

Nice buncha fillets! Great job!

Re: Brought some home this morning - 08/07/15 12:20 PM

Thanks high country. When you get into a big school, the constant action is a lot of fun.
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Brought some home this morning - 08/07/15 02:28 PM

Awesome catch!!!

You need a fly rod for some real fun!!!!!!

Re: Brought some home this morning - 08/07/15 03:36 PM

Thanks for the reply J-Moe. I have a fly rod and some good bream flies, but nothing will catch them as well as live worms after the spawn, so I use a UL spinning rod. It is a lot of fun too. I do enjoy fishing with a fly rod and may fish with is sometime soon even if I don't catch as many.
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Brought some home this morning - 08/07/15 03:47 PM

Originally Posted By: fish 'till I drop
Thanks for the reply J-Moe. I have a fly rod and some good bream flies, but nothing will catch them as well as live worms after the spawn, so I use a UL spinning rod. It is a lot of fun too. I do enjoy fishing with a fly rod and may fish with is sometime soon even if I don't catch as many.

LOL, don't I know it. I enjoy the challenge; or the misery. But I too have a lightweight spinning outfit for this purpose.

Great bunch of fish thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Brought some home this morning - 08/07/15 05:45 PM

Nice mess of fish "fish 'till i drop"! You are on em for sure. Good job.

Re: Brought some home this morning - 08/07/15 08:14 PM

Thanks Gitter Done. Fun to catch, and good to eat when feel like cleaning some. As Banker always says. "It don't get any better."
Posted By: Techno2000

Re: Brought some home this morning - 08/08/15 05:08 PM

Tip your flies with your Nightcrawler pieces. dance2

Re: Brought some home this morning - 08/08/15 06:55 PM

I've thought about doing that Techno2000, but haven't tried it. Was thinking it might not be easy to cast a fly without throwing the worm off the hook. Mostly, however, I just like a UL spinning rod when fishing with worms from my float tube. Easy to cast and easy to lay the short rod in my lap while removing the jig or hook from the fish's mouth and putting it on the stringer, etc. I enjoy the fly rod at times, but I've never preferred it to the exclusion of spinning gear.
Posted By: Techno2000

Re: Brought some home this morning - 08/08/15 08:00 PM

I've thought about doing that Techno2000, but haven't tried it. Was thinking it might not be easy to cast a fly without throwing the worm off the hook. Mostly, however, I just like a UL spinning rod when fishing with worms from my float tube. Easy to cast and easy to lay the short rod in my lap while removing the jig or hook from the fish's mouth and putting it on the stringer, etc. I enjoy the fly rod at times, but I've never preferred it to the exclusion of spinning gear.
Yeah, fly fishing can be a pain in the butt sometimes, and I think spinning is just as fun.But if you want to trick, and out fish someone who is fly fishing with you, sweeten up your fly with a crawler, it will stay on the hook when you cast.

Re: Brought some home this morning - 08/08/15 09:14 PM

Will do Techno2000. Thanks for the tip. A small piece of night crawler IS pretty tough, so I'll remember that. Thanks again.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Brought some home this morning - 08/09/15 06:29 PM

Nice haul. woot
Posted By: TommieTa

Re: Brought some home this morning - 08/11/15 05:35 AM

What lake is this if you dont mind me asking?
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum