Texas Fishing Forum

The creek is already down

Posted By: Smithaven

The creek is already down - 07/29/15 02:58 PM

I was very surprised at the water level in the creek. The top picture was taken on June 6. The creek was pretty much full. The bottom picture was taken from the same spot today, only 6 weeks later. Notice the island in the middle of the creek. It had 2 feet of water over it before. The creek is down a good 3 feet. There is no water running.

The fishing has slowed down. Before I caught plenty of good sized green sunfish, hybrids, longear and bluegill. Today It was a few small longear and bluegill. Not a single greenie or hybrid. I suspect the water has gotten too shallow.

Joe Pool is still 10.4 feet high. The latest word is it may reopen by Labor Day. The transformers are accessible now and the electric company was to do a survey of required repairs yesterday. No word yet on what they found.

Fishing may be a little sparse around here until September unless I can find another creek or pond.

Posted By: J-Moe

Re: The creek is already down - 07/29/15 03:19 PM

I am seeing the same thing Smithhaven. The water level has receded and the greenies disappeared. Bad thing is the water still hasn't cleared up in these areas yet either.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: The creek is already down - 07/29/15 04:39 PM

The Creeks down here are still in great shape with good currents. Community lakes are full as well as the rivers. Area lakes are holding their own! coolio
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: The creek is already down - 07/30/15 11:00 AM

It has been awhile. We can really use a good dose of rain down here in south central Texas.
Posted By: Laker One

Re: The creek is already down - 08/01/15 05:12 AM

Water bodies down here are still in good shape. We can use some rain. It has been a month since we had any in my area.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum