Texas Fishing Forum

Channels,Bass,Gills,&Crappie!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Channels,Bass,Gills,&Crappie! - 07/28/15 08:41 PM

Myself and Mike "USMC-GY" fished the other morning on the Guadalupe River. Mike wanted a few fish for a fish dinner. We fished from 7am till 10:30am and the bite was good. Caught a nice variety of Bluegill,Bass,Channel Cats,and some nice Crappie. Fish were caught in 8 to 12 feet of water holding by docks. Bottom and float techniques were both used. Worms and Crappie Magnets(Chartreuse/pink)were the baits of choice. Most of the fish were released and a few were kept for Mike's dinner. Spending a morning on the Guadalupe River catching fish. It just don't get any better! fish

Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Channels,Bass,Gills,&Crappie! - 07/28/15 09:31 PM

Chuck and Mike at it again... Well done fellas woot

What part of the Guad on how was the water? Looks like its cleared up some
Posted By: Wadefishing

Re: Channels,Bass,Gills,&Crappie! - 07/28/15 09:35 PM

That's some nice ones. Good job! thumb
Posted By: SlowDown

Re: Channels,Bass,Gills,&Crappie! - 07/28/15 09:50 PM

Congrats Banker. You guys never fail.

Re: Channels,Bass,Gills,&Crappie! - 07/28/15 11:11 PM

Thanks Andrew,Wade,and "fish 'till i drop" for the replies. cheers Andrew. This was lake Dunlap. The water is clearing up nicely. thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Channels,Bass,Gills,&Crappie! - 07/30/15 11:32 AM

As always nice fish guys. Looks like you have stayed on the Crappie all year! To bad the Rios are not wanting to play this year! Again good job guys.
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Channels,Bass,Gills,&Crappie! - 07/30/15 02:44 PM

Wow, that's a buffet of fish. Thanks for sharing!!

Re: Channels,Bass,Gills,&Crappie! - 08/03/15 05:31 AM

Thanks "Gitter" and Jamie for the replies. thumb "Gitter": The Gills,Cats,Bass,and Crappie have been GREAT all year. clap The Rios are still trying to reorganize and recover from the flooding which really messed up their nesting season. taz
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Channels,Bass,Gills,&Crappie! - 08/06/15 05:33 AM

Nice catch guys! woot Good combination of fish.

Side Note: The Crappie bite on the east side is good. Boated limits two trips in a row. Morning bite from 6:30am till 10am. After 10am it almost comes to a complete stop. Fish also have some nice size to em. Lay downs and brush piles in 18 to 20 feet of water. Did you end up fishing the east end Tuesday? If so how did you guys do?

Re: Channels,Bass,Gills,&Crappie! - 08/11/15 05:09 AM

Thanks Curtis for the reply! cheers Myself,Fred "Rionator",and Mike "USMC-GY" fished the far east side this past week. We found a spot that was told to us too be good. hmmm Right off the bat Mike started catching em. clap He caught five in a row and the bite then stopped completely. bang It was just after 10am. nuts We could not even get a sunfish bite. taz Prior to that me and Fred had boated a few nice ones. Hope to give it another shot! coolio

Side Note: According to Matt "SouthTexasDuckman" there is supposed to be another boat launch further east. The ramp is free. You can actually get to locations a lot faster using that ramp! thumb
Posted By: Hunter498

Re: Channels,Bass,Gills,&Crappie! - 08/11/15 11:15 AM

Nice Fish!

Re: Channels,Bass,Gills,&Crappie! - 08/13/15 09:30 PM

Thanks "Hunter498" for the reply. cheers Some good eating right there. thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Channels,Bass,Gills,&Crappie! - 08/15/15 07:56 PM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Thanks "Gitter" and Jamie for the replies. thumb "Gitter": The Gills,Cats,Bass,and Crappie have been GREAT all year. clap The Rios are still trying to reorganize and recover from the flooding which really messed up their nesting season. taz

Not only did they have to withstand the fast currents they had to deal with cooler water temperatures as well. Hopefully they make a good comeback.

Re: Channels,Bass,Gills,&Crappie! - 08/21/15 12:19 PM

Maybe September will be a good Rio month for the river lakes? hmmm I shall see! coolio
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Channels,Bass,Gills,&Crappie! - 08/23/15 06:44 PM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Thanks Curtis for the reply! cheers Myself,Fred "Rionator",and Mike "USMC-GY" fished the far east side this past week. We found a spot that was told to us too be good. hmmm Right off the bat Mike started catching em. clap He caught five in a row and the bite then stopped completely. bang It was just after 10am. nuts We could not even get a sunfish bite. taz Prior to that me and Fred had boated a few nice ones. Hope to give it another shot! coolio

Side Note: According to Matt "SouthTexasDuckman" there is supposed to be another boat launch further east. The ramp is free. You can actually get to locations a lot faster using that ramp! thumb

Located it! PM sent.

Re: Channels,Bass,Gills,&Crappie! - 09/01/15 05:37 AM

Thanks! thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum