Texas Fishing Forum

Rios,Redbreast,and Bluegill !

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Rios,Redbreast,and Bluegill ! - 06/30/15 12:38 AM

Fished the New Braunfels area today and the bite was good. Started at the Comal River around 8am and caught several nice trophy Rios in the 10" range. The biggest was right at 11". I also caught plenty of nice Redbreast all in the 8 to 9 inch range. Rounding out the catch on the Comal were a bunch of small Bluegill and some Red Spotted. Fish were caught using worms with a bottom technique. Fish were in 3 to 5 feet of water holding close to lily pads and grass beds. All fish were released. I then headed to Dunlap and fished a spot. Caught a bunch of fat Bluegill in the 7 to 8 inch range. Fish were holding close to docks in 5 feet of water. Fish were caught using a bottom technique with worms. All fish were released to fight again. The water on the Comal was clear with a good current. The water on Dunlap was muddy with a strong current. Hopefully by Mid July things will get back to normal on the river lakes. Catching some some nice sunnies and Rios to start the week off. It just don't get any better. fish

Posted By: SlowDown

Re: Rios,Redbreast,and Bluegill ! - 06/30/15 12:59 AM

Nice pictures Banker, thanks for sharing. Congrats on a good catch.

Re: Rios,Redbreast,and Bluegill ! - 06/30/15 01:26 AM

Originally Posted By: fish 'till I drop
Nice pictures Banker, thanks for sharing. Congrats on a good catch.

Thanks! It's been a week since I last fished! It really felt good feeling that UL fight. boxing

Side Note: Me and Robert Aka "Dafanman" will be fishing a new spot tomorrow. fish
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Rios,Redbreast,and Bluegill ! - 06/30/15 01:51 AM

clap They are getting bigger; prime time river fishing is on the horizon. Awesome catch, Congrats on a great day.

Re: Rios,Redbreast,and Bluegill ! - 06/30/15 02:38 AM

Thanks Jamie for the reply. cheers It's starting to dry up some. Bite is picking up! clap Hopefully things will keep improving. coolio
Posted By: Hunter498

Re: Rios,Redbreast,and Bluegill ! - 06/30/15 10:37 AM

Great looking fish!
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: Rios,Redbreast,and Bluegill ! - 06/30/15 01:45 PM

Awesome banker...fish fry anytime soon hmmm
Posted By: AF_Chief

Re: Rios,Redbreast,and Bluegill ! - 06/30/15 02:16 PM

Nice fish Banker! Thanks for sharing and I always enjoy seeing the pics and reading your posts!
Posted By: Bob9

Re: Rios,Redbreast,and Bluegill ! - 06/30/15 04:26 PM

Rios are back! Nice catching, Chuck.

Bob
thumb

Re: Rios,Redbreast,and Bluegill ! - 07/02/15 11:34 AM

Thanks "Hunter498", "AJ", "Air Force Chief",and Bob for the replies! cheers The bite is picking up really good. Starting to pick up some nice Rios. coolio
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Rios,Redbreast,and Bluegill ! - 07/08/15 09:06 PM

Nice fish Chuck. Do you think the Rio bite is getting back to normal? Seems you are catching more!
Posted By: JFGloor

Re: Rios,Redbreast,and Bluegill ! - 07/08/15 09:38 PM

I fished placid last night and the water was looking really good. It cleared up a lot in the past week.

Re: Rios,Redbreast,and Bluegill ! - 07/11/15 01:04 PM

Thanks "Gitter and "JF Gloor" for the replies. cheers "Gitter": The Rio bite on the river lakes has been effected by all of the cold water that was let out at Canyon Lake. The water in those lakes was pretty cold and Rios are warm water fish. hmmm I think the bite will be extremely slow the rest of the year on the river lakes. hammer Creeks and warm water rivers will be the places to fish for the Rios. I have not caught a Rio on any of the river lakes since mid May. nuts "JF Gloor": Thanks for the water update! I fished Dunlap a couple of times this week and the water has cleared up very good. thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Rios,Redbreast,and Bluegill ! - 07/13/15 09:00 PM

Great Combination Chuck! Good job. woot

Side Note: Have you been catching any Rios on Dunlap?

Re: Rios,Redbreast,and Bluegill ! - 07/17/15 08:25 PM

Thanks Curtis for the reply. cheers Have not caught that many Rios on Dunlap this year. Me and Mike did manage three this past week. Two small ones and Mike was able to get a 10" Trophy. They have been few and far this year. hide2 I have had a couple of good days this summer but not many. nuts
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Rios,Redbreast,and Bluegill ! - 07/20/15 03:40 AM

Thanks Chuck for the Rio update! Like you say. "Hope the bite gets better".
Posted By: highcountry

Re: Rios,Redbreast,and Bluegill ! - 07/20/15 11:07 AM

I am soooo jealous of your lifestyle, Banker... I'm lucky to hit the water a couple of times a month. Terrific job, as usual!
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Rios,Redbreast,and Bluegill ! - 07/23/15 01:06 PM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Thanks Curtis for the reply. cheers Have not caught that many Rios on Dunlap this year. Me and Mike did manage three this past week. Two small ones and Mike was able to get a 10" Trophy. They have been few and far this year. hide2 I have had a couple of good days this summer but not many. nuts

Looks like all the river lakes all the way to Gonzales are having a very slow Rio bite. I think I have only caught two or three Rios all year long on the Guadalupe! Oh well there is always next year if we don't get a server winter! taz

Re: Rios,Redbreast,and Bluegill ! - 07/28/15 12:38 PM

Thanks "High Country" for the reply! cheers I try to fish each day Monday through Friday. I usually do not fish the weekends. Very rarely. Being retired helps out a lot. coolio Curtis: The river lakes are really clearing up a lot. I am still holding out hope that the Rio bite on the Guadalupe will pick up. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum