Texas Fishing Forum

Favorite Place to buy your tackle?

Posted By: Laker One

Favorite Place to buy your tackle? - 06/26/15 04:48 AM

Where is your favorite place to buy your tackle?
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Favorite Place to buy your tackle? - 06/26/15 04:50 AM

I choose Academy simply because they have all of my basic tackle needs for a good price!
Posted By: psalty

Re: Favorite Place to buy your tackle? - 06/26/15 10:34 AM

Bass Pro - Pearland
Bass Pro - Katy
Fishing Tackle Unlimited (FTU) juggle
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Favorite Place to buy your tackle? - 06/26/15 12:27 PM

Acadamey. Good prices,convenient locations,and they have just about everything I need! thumb
Posted By: Smithaven

Re: Favorite Place to buy your tackle? - 06/26/15 04:34 PM

I also find Amazon is a good place to order tackle. If you are a Prime member the shipping is free. Prices are about the same.
Posted By: SlowDown

Re: Favorite Place to buy your tackle? - 06/26/15 05:27 PM

Academy normally has the best prices if they have what I need. Dicks has a location close to me and I often find things there that I need. If I can't get it at Academy or Dicks, I order from Tackle Warehouse.
Posted By: CRAPPIEJIGN

Re: Favorite Place to buy your tackle? - 06/26/15 09:21 PM

I selected Academy as my favorite, pretty good selection and price points too. A new Academy opened in Denton. New meaning, within the past year or so, I expect. Great selection, and stocked well.

The Academy in Lewisville could restock a little more frequently. I dislike visiting a store to spend $ - only to discover they're out of stock - return two to three weeks later and the same inventory exists - same holes - same me walking out without making a purchase.

I can see small mom & pop shops having to accrue a specific size order to meet the minimums to purchase from their suppliers. I have to think Academy with their warehouse and online sales has to have the stock to refill those shelves and hook hangers in a more timely manner.
Posted By: Jimbo

Re: Favorite Place to buy your tackle? - 06/26/15 11:58 PM

I remember the days before Academy came to S.A. and Walmart was about the only place because they put all the mom and pop stores out of business.
They had wall to wall tackle.
When Academy moved in it took a while, but Walmart started having less and less which I guess was a good thing.
Posted By: Lovfldx

Re: Favorite Place to buy your tackle? - 06/27/15 12:58 AM

Clearance rack at any and all sporting goods stores. For 'gills or crappie, don't need the "designer" jigs, or the "must buy" tackle. Jigs get em all the time and I fill my tackle box(crappie and sunfish)on the cheap, and can hold my own on almost any fishing hole I hit.

Rudy
Posted By: jagg

Re: Favorite Place to buy your tackle? - 07/01/15 05:24 AM

I picked Academy also, but really like going to Fishing Tackle Unlimited whenever I'm back in Houston.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Favorite Place to buy your tackle? - 07/01/15 11:27 AM

Academy !
Posted By: Reeladdict15

Re: Favorite Place to buy your tackle? - 07/03/15 02:33 PM

Academy!
Posted By: JIM SR.

Re: Favorite Place to buy your tackle? - 07/10/15 01:28 PM

I've started going to Bass Pro more and more, I get a 10% discount as retired military on most items.
and I have their credit card that accumulates cash points. Academy is still shopped too,..
Posted By: Garvin

Re: Favorite Place to buy your tackle? - 07/10/15 04:17 PM

Where's Tackle Warehouse....?
Posted By: RBDavis3591

Re: Favorite Place to buy your tackle? - 07/11/15 11:19 AM

Originally Posted By: Garvin
Where's Tackle Warehouse....?

747 Buckley Rd, San Luis Obispo, CA 93401
Tackle Warehouse
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: Favorite Place to buy your tackle? - 07/13/15 11:49 AM

Academy and Walmart for staple stuff, online for bigger items. Academy doesn't carry a lot of high end stuff and their sales are usually very low end stuff. Cabelas and Bass Pro both usually have a decent selection, but you are going to pay full retail on everything, and I'm not sure the points system they have makes up for that in the long haul. Like Academy, their sale items are usually low end to get you in the door and with not much of a discount at that. I would never buy a trolling motor or fish finder at either one of them. There are too many places on line that sell cheaper with no sales tax and no shipping charges. I just ordered a Humminbird and a trolling motor online for much less than the big box stores sell for, but my time is cheap and I spend a lot of time shopping the Internet.
Posted By: jagg

Re: Favorite Place to buy your tackle? - 07/13/15 08:11 PM

I have the BPS card too. Get gas; pay it off and get a nice rod or something every few months for cheap or free.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum