Texas Fishing Forum

Cibolo Creek! Great Bite!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Cibolo Creek! Great Bite! - 06/11/15 01:22 PM

Creek fishing continues to be very good. With a lot of fresh water and good currents the bite has been GREAT and the fish are full of fight. Myself and Mike "USMC-GY" fished the Cibolo Creek the other morning and it was very good. The water was stained in some spots and clear in others. The current was good. Most of the vegetation along the bank had been washed away and there is only nice rock bank. We fished from 8:30am till 12 noon and caught a lot of Longear,Bluegill,Bass,and a few Rios. Caught a lot of small fish but we also caught some nice ones as well. Had a HUGE ONE get off. Don't know what it was but we think it was either a big Carp or Catfish.The fish simply overpowered my ultra light. Fish were caught using both float and bottom techniques. Fish were in 3 to 6 feet of water holding by logs and brush piles. A lot of em are still on nest.I also met with Greg a bass angler who I met a couple of weeks ago fishing Live Oak Lake. He was also having a pretty good day. All fish were released to fight again. A nice morning fishing the Cibolo Creek. It just don't get any better. fish

Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: Cibolo Creek! Great Bite! - 06/11/15 02:02 PM

Good job...nice catch and release cheers

Re: Cibolo Creek! Great Bite! - 06/11/15 02:17 PM

Thanks "AJ"! cheers Still waiting for some lake and river spots to get back to normal! eeks The floods really took a toll on em. hammer
Posted By: J-Moe

Re: Cibolo Creek! Great Bite! - 06/11/15 05:00 PM

Great picture of the creek. That would be one awesome place to fly fish. I am waiting for you to start posting pictures of those 9 and 10 fish though. Soon as that happens I'm coming to visit you laugh

Re: Cibolo Creek! Great Bite! - 06/11/15 05:54 PM

Thanks Jamie for the reply! cheers The invite is always open for ya! fish

Side Note: Right now the lake conditions are pretty rough. A lot of my spots really got messed up during the past floods. Looks like mid July things should be getting back to normal. Right now it looks like the creeks,ponds, and Power Plant Lakes are going to have to do. thumb
Posted By: jeffnsa

Re: Cibolo Creek! Great Bite! - 06/12/15 01:09 PM

Your killing me Chuck. I need to hit up my property and cresent bend soon just to catch a few. My neice likes fishing and has a daughter and a new husband/daughter combo that need to catch some fish.
Posted By: Bob9

Re: Cibolo Creek! Great Bite! - 06/12/15 01:22 PM

Nice catching, Chuck & Mike. Pretty looking water!

Bob
clap
Posted By: Hunter498

Re: Cibolo Creek! Great Bite! - 06/13/15 10:15 AM

Nice Looking Fish!

Re: Cibolo Creek! Great Bite! - 06/17/15 11:29 AM

Thanks Jeff,Bob,and "Hunter498 for the replies! cheers Jeff: The bank area along the creek has really been cleared up do the floods. Creek is really looking GOOD! thumb
Posted By: Fishing_4_Life

Re: Cibolo Creek! Great Bite! - 06/17/15 12:57 PM

Nice haul Banker! And a REALLY nice looking creek!
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Cibolo Creek! Great Bite! - 06/17/15 05:14 PM

That creek looks awesome to fish.

I'm with Jamie on it being a great looking spot to fly fish.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Cibolo Creek! Great Bite! - 06/18/15 03:46 PM

Nice fish. Looks like the flooding cleaned up the creek a lot. Great seeing some Rios!

Side Note. Have not seen many Rio postings this year. I guess the rain as the patterns messed up.

Re: Cibolo Creek! Great Bite! - 06/22/15 09:01 PM

Thanks "Gitter" for the reply. cheers I think you are right. All this RAIN has effected the Rio bite a lot. hammer
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Cibolo Creek! Great Bite! - 06/26/15 04:30 AM

Looks like a great day! Have you fished the creek since this last bunch of rain?

Re: Cibolo Creek! Great Bite! - 07/02/15 01:01 AM

Thanks Curtis for the reply. cheers I have not fished the creek since the last major rains. Plan on hitting it very soon. coolio
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Cibolo Creek! Great Bite! - 07/04/15 05:44 AM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Thanks "Gitter" for the reply. cheers I think you are right. All this RAIN has effected the Rio bite a lot. hammer

Hopefully the bite will get back to normal! I am sure we will start seeing some catches soon!

Re: Cibolo Creek! Great Bite! - 07/10/15 10:38 PM

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done

Hopefully the bite will get back to normal! I am sure we will start seeing some catches soon!

thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Cibolo Creek! Great Bite! - 07/13/15 08:32 PM

Thanks Curtis for the reply. cheers I have not fished the creek since the last major rains. Plan on hitting it very soon. coolio

Fished just below Trainer Hale and did pretty good! Caught some nice Bluegill,a few nice bass,and had a nice Gar get off! Was using spinner baits and small jigs! Creek is flowing good and is in great shape.

Re: Cibolo Creek! Great Bite! - 07/15/15 09:58 AM

Thanks Curtis for the report. That creek is looking very good. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum