Texas Fishing Forum

Meeting for work...where to fish?

Posted By: Tdot

Meeting for work...where to fish? - 06/11/15 04:23 AM

I live in Abilene but will be in the San Marcos area. I want to take my two man boat and fish the rivers, am I allowed to use a two man boat on a river? If I can where is a good place to fish? I'm taking my girlfriend and she loves catching fish, she doesn't care the size. I just want a spot I can put a two man boat and go up or down river and fish. I'm willing to travel I'm not limit to only San Marcos
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Meeting for work...where to fish? - 06/11/15 12:44 PM

San Marcus got hammered a couple of weeks ago by some very bad flooding. Good places like the San Marcus River and the Blanco River are still not fishable. About 20 minutes south you will find the Guadalupe River and the Comal River. Great places. However lots of tubers and Recreation boaters there this time of year.

Re: Meeting for work...where to fish? - 06/11/15 03:33 PM

So where would be a good starting spot cause I don't want to go where the tubers are at. I wouldn't mind walking a creek as well

Re: Meeting for work...where to fish? - 06/11/15 03:46 PM

There are several spots that are not that bad. I would suggest to get there early between 7am or 8am . One spot is the Cypress Bend park which is off of Common Street in New Braunfles. The other is the Faust Street Bridge. The currents are pretty fast right now due to Canyon Lake letting out a lot of water. If you fish close to the shore you may pick some up. You can Google for exact locations on these spots. If you don't mind the drive there is the Crescent Bend Nature Park which is the Cibolo Creek. The park is off of Shaffer Road. Fished it yesterday and did good. You can use a small john boat or raft there. The current is not that bad. Lots of Sunfish biting. Again use Google for the exact location. thumb

Side Note: The Crescent Bend park is about an hour south of San Marcus. coolio

Re: Meeting for work...where to fish? - 06/11/15 06:15 PM

I think I'm going to do the crescent bend park. That sounds more of my taste. I fished the Guadalupe river in seguin but that was when I had my float tube. Have you been in that area?

Re: Meeting for work...where to fish? - 06/11/15 07:46 PM

I fish Placid a lot. Right now it's not that good. Very strong current and the water is muddy due to the high water. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum