Texas Fishing Forum

Fishing Between Showers!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Fishing Between Showers! - 05/15/15 03:16 AM

With RAIN being in the forecast the past seven days and still in the forecast for the next seven days fishing has been difficult to plan. I decided to get a day in despite seeing showers over the Guadalupe River. I arrived at some docks that I can fish at anytime and had to wait for about thirty minutes for the rain to pass. I started fishing at 10am and the bite flat out quit at 2:30pm. The bite was only fair but I did catch some trophy Redear. Redear,Bluegill,and a couple of Redbreast were caught. I lost about a four pound bass that hit my worm right when it hit the water. Caught around 20 fish.All fish were caught on worms with a bottom technique. Fish were in 4 to 8 feet of water holding by docks. All fish were released to fight again. Getting some fishing time in. It don't get any better! fish

Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: Fishing Between Showers! - 05/15/15 03:45 AM

WTG Banker...sorry but big boy on the bottom pik would've took a nice grease bath until cruchy an golden brown, dipped in mustard of course!!! food

Re: Fishing Between Showers! - 05/15/15 05:13 AM

Thanks "AJ" for the reply. Yes Sir if I was in the mood on cleaning fish at least one of those big Redear would have been "released to the grease." thumb

Side Note: Those fat 7 and 8 inch Bluegill would have gone to the grease for sure! food
Posted By: Bob9

Re: Fishing Between Showers! - 05/15/15 05:15 PM

Nice catching, Chuck. Picked up a few crappie between showers, myself. Really slow at Lake Crook. Got them on a 4 Feather Minnow Fly I tied. Lots of fun on a 7' Chinese fiberglass tanago rod. A 12" crappie bends the rod in half.

Bob
thumb

Re: Fishing Between Showers! - 05/15/15 05:33 PM

That's Awesome Bob on nailing some Crappie! hooked I just had to feel a tug on the line so I went out yesterday. coolio I am glad that I did because we just got another 3 inches of RAIN this morning. thumb
Posted By: Bob9

Re: Fishing Between Showers! - 05/15/15 06:42 PM

Raining on and off here all day, Chuck. Supposed to be worse on the weekend. Glad I got out a little, earlier in the week.

Bob
grin

Re: Fishing Between Showers! - 05/15/15 07:18 PM

Originally Posted By: Bob9
Raining on and off here all day, Chuck. Supposed to be worse on the weekend. Glad I got out a little, earlier in the week.

Bob
grin

Yes Sir. You and me both! thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Fishing Between Showers! - 05/17/15 02:12 PM

Nice fish. Looks like you will will be fishing between rain storms for awhile. Rain in the forecast for the next 10 days.

Side Note: Does a lot of rain effect sunfish patterns?

Re: Fishing Between Showers! - 05/19/15 01:56 PM

Thanks "Gitter" for the reply. cheers All of this rain has played a big par in the patterns especially in the river and creeks. eeks With a lot of creeks and rivers in flood stage a lot the spawning nest have be washed out and destroyed. Looks like mid summer will be the next best time for a good sunfish spawn. hmmm As for the bite it is pretty good when you find em. peep A lot of brush piles have been washed away causing a lot of fish to relocate. Also the strong currents in the rivers and creeks have relocated a lot of fish. juggle Once the weather settles down the summer bite should be FANTASTIC! thumb
Posted By: Joe Slab

Re: Fishing Between Showers! - 05/19/15 11:04 PM

Nice work sir. Cool pics. thumb

Re: Fishing Between Showers! - 05/23/15 11:08 AM

Thanks Joe for the reply. cheers Looks like another wet weekend. nuts

Re: Fishing Between Showers! - 05/24/15 09:50 PM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Thanks "Gitter" for the reply. cheers All of this rain has played a big par in the patterns especially in the river and creeks. eeks With a lot of creeks and rivers in flood stage a lot the spawning nest have be washed out and destroyed. Looks like mid summer will be the next best time for a good sunfish spawn. hmmm As for the bite it is pretty good when you find em. peep A lot of brush piles have been washed away causing a lot of fish to relocate. Also the strong currents in the rivers and creeks have relocated a lot of fish. juggle Once the weather settles down the summer bite should be FANTASTIC! thumb

After yesterday's rain I bet just about any nesting fish have been washed down the creeks and rivers. I agree with you the summer spawn will probably be the best one. I also think there will be a spawn in early October. Just my opinion.

Re: Fishing Between Showers! - 05/29/15 08:39 AM

Creeks have been running full speed for over a week. juggle We got another inch of rain this morning and some places reported two to three inches. eeks The good news is we are going to get a break starting Sunday. dance2 Looks like another round of showers Saturday. nuts

Re: Fishing Between Showers! - 06/01/15 12:21 PM

I Agree!

Re: Fishing Between Showers! - 06/05/15 01:11 PM

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done

I Agree!

thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Fishing Between Showers! - 06/07/15 02:55 PM

Nice fish Chuck. Glad to see some big Redear finally being caught. woot I have only caught one over 10" this year compared to over 10 at this time last year. What is up with em?

Re: Fishing Between Showers! - 06/11/15 12:49 PM

Thanks Curtis for the reply. cheers The Redear bite has been very poor since late fall on the Guadalupe River. nuts Fished a lot of spots and nothing. hide2 Patterns have changed. We need to just find em. coolio
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum