Texas Fishing Forum

Found a lil ACTION...

Posted By: Action_Jackson

Found a lil ACTION... - 05/12/15 05:41 AM

Went fishing at Joe Pool an found some nice GILL ACTION!!! Had too much fun and man, these lil boogers sure know how to make ya think you have a much bigger fish on the line! Big thanks to Smithaven for the hook size and bait tips! Most fish were caught around 7-8ft deep using wax worms! And folks when I tell ya they work, these lil babies are like magic...Got hit on every drop!!! Tried casting a bit for the bullgills but kept getting tangled up, lake is up about a good 4-5ft!
Posted By: ckwilson25

Re: Found a lil ACTION... - 05/12/15 07:48 AM

Nice haul AJ! Looks like you really got after them. thumb
Posted By: MrWood

Re: Found a lil ACTION... - 05/12/15 07:57 AM

Any idea where to find wax worms in the north Fort Worth area?

Re: Found a lil ACTION... - 05/12/15 08:14 AM

Petco or Petsmart should have em...if not then try the smaller bait shops!
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Found a lil ACTION... - 05/12/15 10:22 AM

Nice haul "AJ"! Good job. cheers

Side Note: What were the water conditions like? eeks I know you guys up north got HAMMERED pretty bad. taz Also for what I have been reading all of the Dallas area and north Texas lakes are FULL! rockon
Posted By: Going Fishing. How about you?

Re: Found a lil ACTION... - 05/12/15 11:34 AM

Were you at the marine at lynn creek? Thanks.
Posted By: jeffnsa

Re: Found a lil ACTION... - 05/12/15 01:56 PM

Nice catch.

Re: Found a lil ACTION... - 05/12/15 04:04 PM

Banker...the water was like 4ft high!!! Ive heard the dam is open but not sure! all the lakes up here are nice and full! Even Duck Cove Marina on Tawokani has about 8ft of water, it's was dried out last year with water a couple hundred yards away!!!

I fished the Marina at Lynn Creek...inside was okay but the nicer bite was outside off the dock and pitching off the back side.
Posted By: JigandJeep

Re: Found a lil ACTION... - 05/12/15 06:15 PM

Great job. We used to use wax worms ice fishing in the winter in Michigan. That seemed to be the only thing that would catch them when they're in slow motion. Either you've got really small shoes or those are some really nice eating size gills.
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Found a lil ACTION... - 05/13/15 10:52 AM

Originally Posted By: Action_Jackson
Banker...the water was like 4ft high!!! Ive heard the dam is open but not sure! all the lakes up here are nice and full! Even Duck Cove Marina on Tawokani has about 8ft of water, it's was dried out last year with water a couple hundred yards away!!!

I fished the Marina at Lynn Creek...inside was okay but the nicer bite was outside off the dock and pitching off the back side.

thumb
Posted By: highcountry

Re: Found a lil ACTION... - 05/13/15 07:25 PM

Great job! Haven't used waxworms since ice fishing up north, but sure will now...
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Found a lil ACTION... - 05/14/15 12:07 AM

Nice mess of fish. Awesome job. woot
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Found a lil ACTION... - 05/17/15 01:55 PM

Awesome haul. Good job A.J.
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum