Texas Fishing Forum

A Fantastic Ending to a Fantastic Week!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

A Fantastic Ending to a Fantastic Week! - 05/08/15 01:01 PM

What an ending to a FANTASTIC week of fishing. Bob Landry,Mutt "Olhipi",Mike "USMC-GY",and myself got together at Bob's and Mutt's camp site at Potters Creek Park on Canyon Lake for our second annual dinner and fish tailing stories. One word can sum up the this week of companionship. "FANTASTIC". Four major water bodies were fished and lots of fish were caught and fried. Crappie,White Bass,Bluegill,Redear,Redbreast,Bass,Blue Cat,Channel Cat,Longear,Rios,and oh yea Mutt's pending water body Dunlap record Warmouth were all caught. Well over 100 fish were boated. Rapping up the week was a SUPER DINNER of Fried Boudin sausage balls,fresh fried cat fish,hush puppies,french fries,and grilled sausage. Eating great food and talking about fishing is very hard to beat. What a way to end the week. Fishing,telling some fish stories,and eating some FANTASTIC food. It just don't get any better! fish

Posted By: etexbasser

Re: A Fantastic Ending to a Fantastic Week! - 05/08/15 01:44 PM

I really enjoy reading your posts, as I am new to sunfish fishing. I would have liked to have been with y'all on this trip and gathered up the years of knowledge that was there. Keep it up.

Re: A Fantastic Ending to a Fantastic Week! - 05/08/15 01:51 PM

Thanks "etexbasser" for the reply. cheers Catching Sunfish on ultra light tackle is relaxing and simple. coolio What makes it better is when you share it with friends. dance2 If you ever make it down this way give me a shout! thumb
Posted By: Smithaven

Re: A Fantastic Ending to a Fantastic Week! - 05/08/15 03:46 PM

Chuck, that dinner looks great. Would you share your hush puppy recipe?
Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: A Fantastic Ending to a Fantastic Week! - 05/08/15 04:52 PM

Now it just doesn't get any better than that! cheers

Looks great but Banker where are the Modelo's lol, I know they aren't far away roflmao

Can't wait until our weather gets right and the gills began to migrate on beds up here in North Texas(Dallas area)! The bite will really be on and I may just get my first gill fillet!!! dance2

PS...I guess I'll go take out a bag of crappie fillets since my mouth has started to water from the fish and fries above food

Re: A Fantastic Ending to a Fantastic Week! - 05/08/15 05:46 PM

Thanks "Smithaven" and "AJ" for the replies. cheers "Smithaven": The hush puppies were regular store bought. The fried doe balls in the pictures are fried Boudin balls which include homemade pork sausage,rice,onion,raped up in a pork casing dipped in egg and then put in a fry mix. partyon We also had some that had jalapeno in em. I ate about ten of em. First time I ever had em. They were GREAT! food "AJ": You are right Sir. It just don't get any better! thumb As for the rain letting up anytime soon? I just saw the 10 day forecast which stated 90 to 100 percent chance of RAIN all of next week which includes some possible serve thunder storms. nuts
Posted By: ckwilson25

Re: A Fantastic Ending to a Fantastic Week! - 05/08/15 06:18 PM

Banker I am jealous. That looks like an epic time had by all. fish Great looking spread too. food

Re: A Fantastic Ending to a Fantastic Week! - 05/08/15 06:56 PM

Thanks CK for the reply. Yes Sir it was a very good week. cheers

Side Note: Looks like a ton of rain is on the way for all of next week! Stay safe and dry. nuts
Posted By: Coolshot

Re: A Fantastic Ending to a Fantastic Week! - 05/08/15 09:59 PM

Awesome Week!! Congrats guys!!
Posted By: JigandJeep

Re: A Fantastic Ending to a Fantastic Week! - 05/08/15 10:38 PM

I also want the hushpuppy recipe. Awesome job, thanks for the post.

Re: A Fantastic Ending to a Fantastic Week! - 05/10/15 07:30 AM

Thanks "Coolshot" and "Jigandjeep" for the replies. cheers "Jigandjeep": The hush puppies were store bought. The pictures show fried cat fish and fried Boudin. thumb
Posted By: SlowDown

Re: A Fantastic Ending to a Fantastic Week! - 05/10/15 01:33 PM

Banker, did you catch those catfish on worms? Those are great, mouthwatering pictures. Congrats on such a fun trip.
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: A Fantastic Ending to a Fantastic Week! - 05/10/15 04:02 PM

Hushpuppie Recipe

Go to your local HEB. Proceed to the potato section in the frozen food aisle. Select between green Onion and regular recepe. Follow directions on package.. Your HEB may vary.

The fry coating for the boudain balls is proprietary. If we disclose that we have to kill you, and hiding the bodies is always a real hassle, so don't ask.. LOL
Posted By: Bob9

Re: A Fantastic Ending to a Fantastic Week! - 05/10/15 11:55 PM

Banquet on the lake, great Chuck & All!

Bob
thumb
Posted By: doctorxring

Re: A Fantastic Ending to a Fantastic Week! - 05/11/15 01:51 AM

Boudin balls and fresh fried fish. You really know how to hurt a guy Chuck !

food
Posted By: DataHawk

Re: A Fantastic Ending to a Fantastic Week! - 05/11/15 03:44 PM

Looks great! You didn't invite the rest of us to your fish fry? Had a catfish fry yesterday for Mothers Day. Impressed the kids, all they had ever had was farm raised.
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: A Fantastic Ending to a Fantastic Week! - 05/11/15 04:39 PM

Awesome trip guys!
Posted By: jeffnsa

Re: A Fantastic Ending to a Fantastic Week! - 05/11/15 05:11 PM

I love camping there, wide open spaces. That looks like a good food/ good times moment.

Re: A Fantastic Ending to a Fantastic Week! - 05/14/15 11:56 AM

Thanks Guys for the replies. Great times for sure! cheers
Posted By: Trunkful

Re: A Fantastic Ending to a Fantastic Week! - 05/14/15 08:13 PM

Sweet!

Re: A Fantastic Ending to a Fantastic Week! - 05/19/15 11:35 AM

Thanks "Wade64" for the reply! cheers
Posted By: Bill77

Re: A Fantastic Ending to a Fantastic Week! - 05/19/15 01:50 PM

Looks like a great time. The eats look great. You guys know how to prepare and cook fish. I wish my fish meals turned out that way.

Re: A Fantastic Ending to a Fantastic Week! - 05/22/15 05:06 AM

Thanks "Bill77" for the reply. cheers Frying fish is pretty easy. thumb The secret is a nice heavy frying pan! hmmm
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: A Fantastic Ending to a Fantastic Week! - 05/24/15 09:12 PM

It just don't get any better! Living the good life.

Re: A Fantastic Ending to a Fantastic Week! - 05/28/15 12:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done

Yes Sir! You got that right! rockon
Posted By: highcountry

Re: A Fantastic Ending to a Fantastic Week! - 05/30/15 12:18 AM

You are living "the life", Banker... I am truly envious!

Re: A Fantastic Ending to a Fantastic Week! - 05/31/15 12:16 PM

Thanks "Highcountry" for the reply! A simple way to fish for a very simple fish equals some super simple enjoyment. It just don't get any better. cheers
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: A Fantastic Ending to a Fantastic Week! - 06/01/15 12:24 PM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing

Good friends,fishing,good food,and telling some fishing stories. What more could be better! Again nice post.

Re: A Fantastic Ending to a Fantastic Week! - 06/08/15 11:45 AM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing

Good friends,fishing,good food,and telling some fishing stories. What more could be better! Again nice post.

Yes Sir! fish
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum