Texas Fishing Forum

4 Inches of RAIN with more on the way!

Posted By: Laker One

4 Inches of RAIN with more on the way! - 04/24/15 12:44 PM

Two HUGE BANDS of Thunder Storms went through this morning. Got right at 4" of rain in the gauge. Just drove by the Cibolo Creek on IH 35 and the water is running pretty good. Forecast says more heavy rain tonight. Also the Hill Country got a lot! coolio
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: 4 Inches of RAIN with more on the way! - 04/24/15 01:45 PM

Got 3.75" in my backyard gauge. thumb I heard the river lakes got hammered! How much rain did Jeff get on Mcqueeney? noidea

Side Note. Friend of mine who lives on Dunlap said she got over 3". She said Dunlap in a muddy mess. taz
Posted By: DataHawk

Re: 4 Inches of RAIN with more on the way! - 04/24/15 02:19 PM

Finally it missed us. I still have standing water in my back yard from this week.
Posted By: Blues

Re: 4 Inches of RAIN with more on the way! - 04/24/15 03:09 PM

Lucky dogs.....we've got a few inches here and there but no where near enough. Had 4" in a day last week...lake came up 8". Not complaining but an 8" rise don't help much when it's 14ft low. My other 2 favorite lakes are -31ft and -43ft...and haven't seen a rise in nearly a year.

But glad somebody is getting it and glad we're getting a little here and there.....pray for a hurricane

Re: 4 Inches of RAIN with more on the way! - 04/24/15 05:07 PM

Originally Posted By: Blues
Lucky dogs.....we've got a few inches here and there but no where near enough. Had 4" in a day last week...lake came up 8". Not complaining but an 8" rise don't help much when it's 14ft low. My other 2 favorite lakes are -31ft and -43ft...and haven't seen a rise in nearly a year.

But glad somebody is getting it and glad we're getting a little here and there.....pray for a hurricane

I hear ya "Blues"! I also hate to say but it will take a "MAJOR HURRICANE" to come straight up IH 37 towards south central Texas and then make a line straight up to San Angelo. Most of the larger lakes need anywhere from 15 to 40 feet of water. hmmm Medina Lake and Travis Lake stick out in my mind. I know there are others still in bad shape. eeks

Side Note: This wet winter and spring does help a lot on the smaller water bodies,rivers,and creeks. thumb
Posted By: Blues

Re: 4 Inches of RAIN with more on the way! - 04/24/15 06:36 PM

I don't like saying stuff like pray for a hurricane but that's what it'll take and like you said a serious one at that.

Some people don't realize how bad it's gotten in places. These 4" rains here and 2 or 3 there will never do it. Had 8" in 48 hrs last year and had a 4ft rise but it was 24ft low then. We're back to 30ft low now.
Posted By: ckwilson25

Re: 4 Inches of RAIN with more on the way! - 04/24/15 08:12 PM

We have a tornado watch till 10 pm today.

Re: 4 Inches of RAIN with more on the way! - 04/25/15 12:59 PM

Got another 3.5" from 4am this morning till now. Had several HUGE STORMS roll in this morning. taz Looks like things are settling down some. eeks
Posted By: Bob Landry

Re: 4 Inches of RAIN with more on the way! - 04/25/15 01:22 PM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Got another 3.5" from 4am this morning till now. Had several HUGE STORMS roll in this morning. taz Looks like things are settling down some. eeks

Wow.. Send some of that up to Travis.
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: 4 Inches of RAIN with more on the way! - 04/25/15 09:49 PM

Three inches even at my house!
Posted By: DataHawk

Re: 4 Inches of RAIN with more on the way! - 04/26/15 11:56 PM

All your rain is running down here today, river finally was within a few feet of normal and now will rise 13' today and tonight. Hit the bank today and struck out, not a single bite with the river on the rise.

Re: 4 Inches of RAIN with more on the way! - 04/27/15 02:12 AM

Good chance for some more HEAVY storms tonight and early morning! eeks River lakes are a muddy mess and the creeks are the same way. hammer Going to be a few days before the water clears up. hmmm Looks like cooler temperatures are in store for the week also. Rain is supposed to clear out Monday morning. coolio

Side Note: Got a total of 4.75 inches of rain over Thursday,Friday,and Saturday! Some areas reported over 5". rockon
Posted By: jeffnsa

Re: 4 Inches of RAIN with more on the way! - 04/27/15 01:37 PM

I wonder how medina lake is doing?

Re: 4 Inches of RAIN with more on the way! - 04/27/15 02:08 PM

Originally Posted By: jeffnsa
I wonder how medina lake is doing?

Hate to say this but it is going to have to be a Hurricane that really helps Medina. taz

Side Note: Any amount is better than nothing. coolio
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum