Texas Fishing Forum

Some Blanco River Action!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Some Blanco River Action! - 04/22/15 05:40 AM

Fished the Blanco River the other afternoon and the bite was good. Caught a nice variety of Bluegill,Redear,Redbreast,and Bass. Fished from 1:30pm till 4:30pm and caught about 30 nice fish. The water was clear in most spots and stained in others due to past rain. The river is in great shape with good current. Fish were in shallow water 2 to 3 feet deep. Fish were caught using a bottom technique with worms. All fish were released to fight again. An afternoon of fishing on the Blanco River. It just don't get any better. fish

Posted By: Action_Jackson

Re: Some Blanco River Action! - 04/22/15 07:16 AM

Nice gill Action...WTG Banker cheers
Posted By: Hunter498

Re: Some Blanco River Action! - 04/22/15 10:29 AM

Great pics, what a nice looking spot to fish!
Posted By: trapperben

Re: Some Blanco River Action! - 04/22/15 11:17 AM

Petty river and fish. Was that near the state park?

Re: Some Blanco River Action! - 04/22/15 12:34 PM

Thanks "AJ","Hunter498",and "Trapper Ben" for the replies. cheers "TB": Yes Sir that part of the river is just to the west of the State Park. coolio Love fishing the Blanco. thumb
Posted By: DataHawk

Re: Some Blanco River Action! - 04/22/15 01:41 PM

Nice fish and a pretty area to fish them in

Re: Some Blanco River Action! - 04/24/15 12:23 PM

Thanks "Data Hawk"! Love fishing the Blanco area! fish
Posted By: ckwilson25

Re: Some Blanco River Action! - 04/24/15 07:26 PM

Banker you the man! Thanks for sharing. thumb

Re: Some Blanco River Action! - 04/27/15 02:47 PM

Thanks CK! cheers

CK: How much RAIN did you guys get up there in the Dallas area. noidea Watching the Doppler over the past several days it looked liked some areas got HAMMERED! taz
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Some Blanco River Action! - 04/30/15 03:24 PM

Beautiful river. Nice fish Chuck. That river has been good to you.

Side Note: Drove through Blanco the other day. Looks like they are remodeling the D.Q. Missed my hunger buster.

Re: Some Blanco River Action! - 05/03/15 12:23 PM

Thanks "Gitter" for the reply. cheers I heard the D.Q. would be ready by July! hmmm

Side Note: Great stopping point! Love those malts. coolio
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Some Blanco River Action! - 05/05/15 09:15 PM

Nice fish Chuck. Going to be fishing the Blanco this month for sure! woot

Side Note: Gonna give the Kayak a try!

Re: Some Blanco River Action! - 05/12/15 10:18 AM

Thanks Curtis! cheers The Blanco is very Kayak friendly. thumb I would put in at the River Road area or on the eastern side of the city of Blanco. coolio
Posted By: ckwilson25

Re: Some Blanco River Action! - 05/12/15 11:02 AM

Originally Posted By: banker-always fishing
Thanks CK! cheers

CK: How much RAIN did you guys get up there in the Dallas area. noidea Watching the Doppler over the past several days it looked liked some areas got HAMMERED! taz

Chuck we have been getting quite a bit of rain. Lots of flash flood warnings. The rain gauge has been working well. The most I have seen it at is 1.5". Not uncommon to get 1" or so.
Posted By: highcountry

Re: Some Blanco River Action! - 05/13/15 07:41 PM

Love that scenic shot!

Re: Some Blanco River Action! - 05/16/15 12:02 PM

Thanks "Highcountry" for the reply. cheers The Blanco is a beautiful river for sure. Love fishing that river. thumb
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Some Blanco River Action! - 05/17/15 02:03 PM

Thanks "Gitter" for the reply. cheers I heard the D.Q. would be ready by July! hmmm

Can't beat the Blizzard and a Hunger buster. food

Re: Some Blanco River Action! - 05/20/15 10:16 AM

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done

Can't beat the Blizzard and a Hunger buster. food

thumb

Re: Some Blanco River Action! - 05/21/15 05:24 AM

Thanks Curtis! cheers The Blanco is very Kayak friendly. thumb I would put in at the River Road area or on the eastern side of the city of Blanco. coolio

Thanks Chuck. Me and Jeff did some scouting the past weekend and located several nice spots.

Re: Some Blanco River Action! - 05/24/15 01:47 PM

Originally Posted By: Laker One

Thanks Chuck. Me and Jeff did some scouting the past weekend and located several nice spots.

I think I would HOLD OFF on any Kayaking plans for the Blanco River! bang It is well over it's banks and is flowing over IH 35 in San Marcus. The freeway is closed in both directions at IH 35 and FM 123. Looks like it will be a week of so for things to get back to normal. nuts Stay safe. coolio

Re: Some Blanco River Action! - 05/28/15 10:57 AM

Prayers up for all who were effected by the flood especially for the ones who lost lives. What a tragedy.

Re: Some Blanco River Action! - 05/30/15 11:37 AM

Prayers up for all who were effected by the flood especially for the ones who lost lives. What a tragedy.

Kind of hits home Curtis. I have fished that area a lot over the years. Prayers up for all those effected by the flood especially for the families and friends of those who were killed. angel2

Re: Some Blanco River Action! - 06/04/15 07:08 PM

Kind of hits home Curtis. I have fished that area a lot over the years. Prayers up for all those effected by the flood especially for the families and friends of those who were killed. angel2

Prayers Up!
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum