Texas Fishing Forum

Hill Country Sunfish Action!

Posted By: banker-always fishing

Hill Country Sunfish Action! - 04/01/15 05:29 AM

Myself and Mike "USMC_GY" hit the Hill Country and fished a couple of places. We fished a pond and the Little Blanco River. The bite was "ON FIRE"! We caught over 50 fish which included Bluegill and Redear. Rounding out the catch were a couple of nice Greens,and a couple of nice fat Bass. We fished from 10am till 2pm. The water was clear in both water bodies with good current. Fish were caught using worms with a float technique. Mike was able to get a trophy Redear that was 10.25" in length. Most of the fish were in the 8 inch range. Mike's green was a little over 9" and very fat. All of the fish were released with the exception of seven Redear which will be a week night dinner. After a good day of fishing we stopped at "Tugs Place" El Rodeo De Jalisco Mexican Restaurant just outside of Spring Branch on FM 281. An AWESOME day of fishing and a SUPER lunch at "Tugs Place"! It just don't get any better. fish

Posted By: Wadefishing

Re: Hill Country Sunfish Action! - 04/01/15 01:42 PM

Sounds like y'all had a great time. thumb

Congrats to both of you and to Mike for the 10.25" redear.

Re: Hill Country Sunfish Action! - 04/01/15 02:48 PM

Thanks Wade! Can't beat the Hill Country when it comes to catching sunnies. cheers

Side Note: Having a hard time finding the BIG Redear this year. They are out there just have not found em. hide2
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Hill Country Sunfish Action! - 04/03/15 12:21 PM

Love seeing those Hill Country fish. Also great seeing a Little Blanco River report. Nice fish guys.

Side Note: How full is the Little Blanco? Also does it get any fishing pressure?
Posted By: ckwilson25

Re: Hill Country Sunfish Action! - 04/04/15 01:05 AM

Another great haul guys! You guys sure can get after them. fish

Re: Hill Country Sunfish Action! - 04/07/15 12:10 PM

Thanks CK! cheers The spring bite has been GREAT so far. hooked

Re: Hill Country Sunfish Action! - 04/07/15 12:19 PM

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done
Love seeing those Hill Country fish. Also great seeing a Little Blanco River report. Nice fish guys.

Side Note: How full is the Little Blanco? Also does it get any fishing pressure?

Thanks "Gitter"! cheers The River is in great shape. clap As for fishing pressure very little on the place where I fish. I have never seen anyone fishing on the Little Blanco other than Mike (USMC-GY") or Robert (Dafanman). hmmm
Posted By: Gitter Done

Re: Hill Country Sunfish Action! - 04/09/15 02:47 PM

I figured that. I would think there would be very little public accesses to fish. Great news on the water conditions in that area.

Re: Hill Country Sunfish Action! - 04/13/15 05:47 AM

Originally Posted By: Gitter Done
I figured that. I would think there would be very little public accesses to fish. Great news on the water conditions in that area.

thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Hill Country Sunfish Action! - 04/15/15 10:47 PM

Great fishing as always guys. Also thanks for the Tug's tip. I have always wanted to give it a try. Pass it a lot on the FM281. woot

Side Note: Have you made up to Marble Falls yet?

Re: Hill Country Sunfish Action! - 04/19/15 05:18 AM

Thanks Curtis for the reply. cheers Have not made it up to Marble Falls yet. eeks Spoke with Robert aka "Dafanman" and we plan on making our yearly run very soon. walking
Posted By: Dfitz

Re: Hill Country Sunfish Action! - 04/19/15 06:58 PM

Very nice!

Re: Hill Country Sunfish Action! - 04/23/15 05:59 AM

Thanks Andrew! cheers
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum