Texas Fishing Forum

Well, It Is Official

Posted By: Flags

Well, It Is Official - 02/10/24 07:08 PM

I am headed south. Due to an overall decrease in student enrollment in Amarillo my NJROTC unit will be history next year. So I have taken a position way down south in Los Fresnos. I would have liked to stay in Amarillo but it simply isn't possible. So, I need to learn where to get into some slabs and maybe Rios down that way. Only about 30 miles from Port Isabel so I know I can get into trout, redfish and black drum there but freshwater is going to take some looking.

If any members down south can point me in the right direction I would appreciate it. Hunting info is also desired. I have to teach 3-4 more years before I can retire so I will be there that long. But when it comes time to retire I am headed back to Athens where I am going to put the tube on that slab filled lake on a daily basis.

Cheers Y'All
Posted By: banker-always fishing

Re: Well, It Is Official - 02/10/24 07:48 PM

Safe travels Sir and hope your new job in Los Fresonos works out. (Google is your friend). I googled the area and found several charter services that seemed to look pretty good. Also found some local smaller water bodies within the city and area. I personally have not fished the area but with some first hand information, it might be worth a road trip. Let us know if you venture out and are able to fish some spots you have found. thumb
Posted By: Laker One

Re: Well, It Is Official - 02/11/24 08:15 PM

Looking forward to seeing some post from the "deep south" of Texas.

Side Note: Like mentioned above, never fished that area before and Google can be a good helper. coolio
Posted By: Pot licker

Re: Well, It Is Official - 02/12/24 05:10 AM

Good luck Flags!
Posted By: Tom Baty

Re: Well, It Is Official - 02/13/24 05:58 PM

From the far north to the far south, you're making quite the move! Best of luck!
Posted By: Fishbonz

Re: Well, It Is Official - 02/14/24 03:31 AM

GO Easy Flaggs! soldier
Posted By: pop r

Re: Well, It Is Official - 02/15/24 12:59 PM

Good look Flags. thumb
© 2024 Texas Fishing Forum